In my last post, about us all being sick, I stated that I love the Winnie the Pooh book I am reading aloud to my little boys. I said that I love that book, probably more than the children. I don't actually love the storybook more than I love my eight cuties. What I meant to say was that I may enjoy reading the book more than the children enjoy hearing it.
Even on their bad days I enjoy the children more than Winnie the Pooh. I especially enjoy enjoying them both together. We have two more chapters to go. Elijah is already eyeing up the other books in the series.
Just in case you wondered :) I re-read my post, which I should probably do before hitting "submit", and laughed aloud. I could use a refresher course of Nate's eighth grade grammar. He is constantly asked to fix confusing sentences that could have another meaning than what the author intended. Mixed metaphors, misplaced phrases and all the things I am horribly guilty of.
3 comments:
haha...just so you know...I read it that you like the book more than the kids like the book. love ya :)
I re-read the post and laughed out loud in a mom sorta way. I didn't catch it the 1st time and knew what you meant. However grammar is not my strong point and we are only in 2nd grade I can tell you the main noun and verb though :)
GIGGLE!!!!!!
I didn't catch it the first time. My blog time is spent without me wearing my Grammar Police hat.
Post a Comment