Thursday, March 1, 2007

Growing up

Happy March!
I am so glad that it is March now, except for the fact that in ten days Nathanael will be eight years old. It is so cute how exited he is about this. We went to the party supply store today to get some stuff for his party and then to Target. He bounced down the sidewalks swinging the bag carrying the race-car pinata!! This is going to be his first party with friends. Joel had one for his eighth birthday, so he thought that our kids should too.

Ooooohhh- you have to check out the pretty pretty Easter dresses at Target. And bathing suits. Jeremiah and Nate were pretty perplexed at why there were bathing suits for sale with all this snow outside, to tell you the truth I never understood that either. And come July you can't find a bathing suit, it is all sweaters and school supplies. Anyway.
To celebrate the new month and just a little cure for the mid-winter blues that come this time of year, I took the kids to Chic-fil- A for lunch today. It was a fun time and they were all excited to get to play in the jungle gym area, so after eating and cleaning up (Jeremiah cleaned up all the trash) we headed over to the play area.

Off they raced! Including my Baby!!! When did he get so big??? As soon as Elijah's little Oscar and Elmo sneakers were off, so was he! Rachael and Jeremiah helped him navigate the big tree house and He had such a big grin. I just sat and smiled and watched him. Last time we came here he sat in his carseat. (we don't go very often, but still) Why oh why are they in such a hurry!?!? But as it got closer to naptime he did come and sit on my lap and snuggle with his paci. Still my little boo, for a while yet.
And Nate was the biggest one there! I know most kids are at school during the day, but he looked alot bigger than the preschool crowd there. I must say that he obeyed and was careful and gentle. Some preschoolers there were more rough than he was. And of course Rachael had on a dress, she hasn't worn pants in weeks, (they make her cry :) ) so she looked lady like and wild at the same time! I love my kids. Thank you God for them!

1 comment:

staceyhoff said...

Ha ha :0) Danielle, I had a fun time reading your post :) I have a friend like that, too~ we have known each other for 16 years and that is a jewel since from 7 to 14 I had to stay with my mother and stepfather who was in the service so I was a Navy brat *as they call kids whose parent(s) are in the Navy), and my mother and I were moved to a new naval housing unit( won't say whay those are sometimes called, Ha ha!)every year; one time I stayed at one school for a year and a half- 4th grade. That was great because I actually got to get to the making of friends and after I found them got to keep them for a minute! I met Kim in 8th grade, the first year I got to go to live with my grandparents ( mom's side) for good. She is synanomous with stability in my mind~ and not just because she seemed to be 15 going on 30 when I met her Ha ha My heart aches for her to be saved. I have prayed for her but should pray a lot more. We also do not talk every week or sometimes every month but we too always pick up right where we left off. I love her dearly. My friends, all of you, at church are really my golden friends, however. I remember when I prayed for fervently for a season there for Christian friends and look at how blessed I am :) God is good, in so many ways.

Grace is growing and changing every day too and she is a handful let me tell you !ha ha :) There are definately some sin issues we need to start addressing more these days but it is good to be reminded of how quickly they grow, and are off. Josh is only 5 so I probably should remember better especially since as soon as he hit 4 and stopped wanting and needing me so much I started begging for another baby! Ha ha Well, that won't happen again this time unless God works a miricle so I had better enjoy Little Gracie all the more and with all the more purpose while I still can. She too is off an runnning, literally, but she does still come to me for all kinds of things and she us still my baby in a lot of ways.

I am sad when I look at your photo and think I am missing the two more that you have, that I will probably never have ha ha
But, God knows what is best for me and who knows what He has planned for the future. Al says I have my hands full so I shouldn't even be *thinking* about babies! Ha ha
Oh well, could you imagine me trying to homeschool with babies all the time God's grace would need to be poured in huge bucket full's over our house for me to get anything done...:)

Speaking of that, thanks for your comment about how to homeschool older kids with babies to care for as well. I replied to you on my blog under the comments section:)

And yes, that is a heart I always make... wow, to me it never looked like anything less than a heart! I really, truly, am non-mathamatically gifted!
<3
.... had to do it! ;)