Saturday, March 31, 2007

What's Happening.....

The five little Maddies out enjoying the sunshine on a Friday afternoon! Yay!! It is finally spring time!I just adore these five kiddies!
This is Nate at his 8th birthday bash. We are all singing "Happy Birthday" to him .
Doesn't he look big and little at the same time???
I just love this little boy!

and last but not least...here is Elijah right after his first haircut! Doesn't he seem to be enjoying that lollipop? That is my trick to get them to sit still for me to cut! Did I say that I just love this little boy???

is Ok. I didn't mean to go AWOL on everyone for a while. I had some computer problems, and then sickness. I had the flu and now a sinus infection. Joel just finished a very busy week at school, with lots of paperwork each night. Elijah and Rachael are now sick too. If you can remember us, especially Eli, in your prayers. He has a terrible sounding cough and is just miserable.


We have been enjoying the beautiful weather lately. The kids and I went for a few walks this week. We collected a pussy-willow bud and some fuzzy moss, watched some birds and spied a nest. We also followed a hurt bumble-bee around the yard for a while, wondering what happened to him. And I was happy to get the laundry back on the line and smelling so fresh and clean! We are so glad that spring has sprung!

Today (before we knew that we had two sick kids) we went to our township's Easter Egg Hunt. It was such fun! Nate and Rachael even found a prize egg, which had a slip of paper to be redeemed for a bigger prize. All the kids were given a chocolate Easter bunny, by the Easter bunny himself (herself???). It was really cute, Benny loved the E.B.! Usually he is petrified of things in costumes, but today he was following it around talking to it! We don't really do the Easter Bunny here, so the kids don't understand the connection between today's fun and our Savior being resurrected from the grave, but that is how we want it!

We usually do Family Life Today's, Resurrection Eggs. We spend a few days going over each egg and the importance of the objects inside, then on Easter afternoon we have a hunt in the back yard for those eggs, as well as the ones we dyed. If you don't have them, and are looking for something fun, and really meaningful for an Easter tradition, this is a good one.

Hey-the house across the street is going for sale-it is a nice twin with a really nice deck, anyone want to be my neighbor (wont you please, please won't you be my neighbor...Mr. Rogers, my favorite childhood show!)-we already have one christian home-schooling neighbor-it would be fun to add more! Denae????? There are no lizards here-except at petstores!

Well, it is getting late, it takes sooo long to upload a photo, so three took a very long time. I won't be able to be at church tomorrow, but Rachael and I will hopefully read some Bible stories here and listen to some worship CD's. I am praying that Elijah is able to rest tonight. He hasn't been to peaceful as of yet. I hope to post more a little sooner than I was able to this time.

3 comments:

staceyhoff said...

I hope that you all feel better soon, Danielle. Spring is so beautiful, yet the time colds and things always seem to spring up
( no pun intended!) We will miss you in church this morning and be praying for you at home. Especially for the germies to go away soon, and for E. to have more peace at night till then :)

Kelly said...

Praying for everyone in the Madison household to get better soon! We're fighting the 'yuckies' over here too, so I've been reminded to pray for your kiddos quite frequently. Hopefully we'll all see each other at church again on Sunday!

Denae said...

I tried to comment last night, computer kept saying it couldn't display page, you know how that goes. All the clothes you gave Kayiah fit her except some of the pants you altered for little birdie. And all the dresses are so cute and really the most practical and cool in this hot weather. (It was 86 today) It's gonna cool down to the 70's which is more enjoyable for Spring. It was nice to see all your kiddies out in short sleeves. It always seems like there is less laundry in the Summer becaus all the clothes are half the size :)