Monday, April 2, 2007

Quick Update

I just wanted to update everyone on Elijah. He had a horrible night last night, up so much and coughing and having a hard time breathing. Today we had him to the pediatrician, and I was sooo happy my favorite Pediatrician was there and able to see him. He has a pretty bad infection in his lungs. His left one is pretty crackly and congested. He is wheezing and feverish still. So he is now all drugged up. We have an antibiotic, prednisone (oral steroid) and steroids for the nebulizer that we do every four hours for a few days. Elijah is wanting to be held and cuddled along with his pooh blanket and his favorite Eeroye (who could use a scrub). It is so cute. He loves Eeyore's tail, so he hold and cuddles him upside-down!

My kids usuallly are pretty healthy, but when they get sick, they like to go all out! Please continue to pray for him (and all of us)- this treatment usually works really well. But I trust our Great Physician much more!
Please keep Rachael in your prayers too. She has been playing well, and being active, but she has the horrible cold too, and tonight was very rattle-y sounding in her chest. We gave her a breathing treatment too. (the dr. recommended that) I never thought I would get so much use out of the nebulizer.
Wanted to thank my friend and neighbor, Deb, for watching the other four kiddies last minute for me so I didn't have to drag them all out to the Dr this morning. It is wonderful having a neighbor like them. so thanks Deb, if you read this. I enjoyed our tea and chat too!

7 comments:

Jules said...

we are all doing the "treatment" thing at our house also. Logan has an ear infection, Kaela has a bad cold ,cough, congestion, high fever, and Brenna has a bad cold, weezing congestion also.
We'll be praying that all of these little ones get better fast.

Megan said...

Dani -

You're all in our prayers! I know the whole routine, neb & oral pred. been through it many times with Chris - but it never gets any easier!! It's so hard to see those little guys so sick. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Love ya,
Megan

Denae said...

We are praying for you guys too. Kayiah has never had such a bad cold but I couldn't imagine... Poor baby. We love you guys.

Kelly said...

Continuing to pray for you all...and special mommy prayers as well, knowing how hard and sad sick little ones are for a mommy! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Dani...
Thanks for the update! We'll be praying over here for you too! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Ashlyn said she'll be praying too. We love ya Dani...
Shannon

Anonymous said...

It must be the season! I brought home a breathing treatment machine from the doctor's just yesterday for little Caleb... He's on it every 3-4 hours too. I'll keep you all in my prayers as well. Hopefully we'll all make it to church on Easter! We missed you last sunday!

staceyhoff said...

We are praying for you guys!

We have the same situation here,down to the same meds and everything it sounds like. I hope little Elijah gets some sleep tonight! Benny was so sweet on Sunday in C.M. ;)
<3