
It is such fun living in little boy land. It is pretty dangerous here. I am daily caught in the cross fire between warring pirates, angry cowboys and fierce indians, the confederacy and the union, or the British and the "Rebels". We have an entire armory in our basement with weapons (of mass destruction?!?) spanning at least a thousand years. We have swords and shields for being Knights, various flexible knives, cowboy guns, pistols, popguns, bows and arrows and light sabers and stun guns for playing StarWars. (The boys know alot about StarWars, and they haven't even been permitted to watch the movies yet). I regularly have to hunt down my spatulas and spoons as they are often comandeered for battle. My broom too, has a hidden identity as a spear!
Jeremiah has lately been into flags. Right now as I type, there is a homemade Rebel flag hung from the chord for my vertical blinds on the back door! There are pirate flags and Star war flags hung from rafters in the basement. He does a pretty accurate Stars and stripes too. Today at the library he chose at least four or five historical nonfiction books on the civil war. We also came home with the Johnny Tremain movie, again. This is one of the boys favorite movies, along with Swiss Family Robinson. I don't think I was quite prepared for the manliness that these little boys display, with such passion and gusto and NOISE!
Today as I cooked dinner ( ham, noodles and yummy asparagus- I tried to tempt the kids with the fact that Junior from the Veggie Tales, is in fact, an asparagus- they didn't really care. Nate liked it however), I answered many questions about battles and such, this is not really my strong area! I had to declare my kitchen a "Gun-free zone" and remind the boys that war isn't a polite topic for the dinner table!
Poor Rachael! She endures, in her dresses everyday, the battles, bloodshed and drama of living thru many centuries of brutality. She will be prepared for a housefull of little boys when she becomes a Mommy, but maybe she will have lots of girls! Just thought I would share a little of the fun that we have here. I sure love my little rebels, pirates, and indians! I will have to post a picture of my wild little princess soon. How a little girl so pretty and dressing so feminine everyday can be as wild as she is is beyond me, but I guess I should just remember who she hangs out with all day(see above)!
Jeremiah has lately been into flags. Right now as I type, there is a homemade Rebel flag hung from the chord for my vertical blinds on the back door! There are pirate flags and Star war flags hung from rafters in the basement. He does a pretty accurate Stars and stripes too. Today at the library he chose at least four or five historical nonfiction books on the civil war. We also came home with the Johnny Tremain movie, again. This is one of the boys favorite movies, along with Swiss Family Robinson. I don't think I was quite prepared for the manliness that these little boys display, with such passion and gusto and NOISE!
Today as I cooked dinner ( ham, noodles and yummy asparagus- I tried to tempt the kids with the fact that Junior from the Veggie Tales, is in fact, an asparagus- they didn't really care. Nate liked it however), I answered many questions about battles and such, this is not really my strong area! I had to declare my kitchen a "Gun-free zone" and remind the boys that war isn't a polite topic for the dinner table!
Poor Rachael! She endures, in her dresses everyday, the battles, bloodshed and drama of living thru many centuries of brutality. She will be prepared for a housefull of little boys when she becomes a Mommy, but maybe she will have lots of girls! Just thought I would share a little of the fun that we have here. I sure love my little rebels, pirates, and indians! I will have to post a picture of my wild little princess soon. How a little girl so pretty and dressing so feminine everyday can be as wild as she is is beyond me, but I guess I should just remember who she hangs out with all day(see above)!
2 comments:
It's so great to see little boys that can still be little boys. So many people are against toy guns and all of that. That's just the way little boys are wired. I know from teaching preschool that even if there are no weapons around little boys will make a weapon from anything that they can. I think it's good to encourage our boys to be manly. People don't get it that the sexes were designed differently on purpose and I think it's wonderful. We love Godly manly men :) About my mulberries we only have 1 tree I don't know if we have enough to jam them but they are pretty sweet. Problem is they are fairly dry b/c we are in drought.
Our homes sound similar, Danielle:) And I had to laugh about Jeremiah's library choices. The librarians always ask Ty if 'he's really going to read' the books he selects, because they are many times war history books and also some religious history one's lately. Be encouraged, Ty has tested gifted (by state testing standards); I just say God gave him a good brain for learning. Jeremiah may be the same as he grows too. It is so much fun to homeschool Ty, let me tell you!! Never ever have to prod him to get him to want to learn! This is such a blessing.
Post a Comment