What a blessed holiday we celebrate- the ressurection of our Savior. Other religions don't have such a joyous, miraculous event to celebrate, to cling to. Thank You Jesus!
I am typing this at a time when I am usually at church, but we still have a few sick kids here. Elijah is getting better, slowly. Benjamin started running a fever last evening, so he is home also. And me, I still feel pretty lousy. Praying that I will recover soon. Joel and I spent time last night praying for all the families in our church that are sick right now, there are so many. We prayed for healing and peace for all of you. I am anticipating getting back to church to worship with everyone again soon. It does get hard to miss so many Sundays in the winter.
Man of Sorrows' , What a Name
by Philip P. Bliss
Man of Sorrows! what a name, For the Son of God who came
Ruined sinners to re-claim! Hal-le-lu-jah, what a Saviour!
Bearing shame and scoffing rude, In my place condemned he stood
Sealed my pardon with his blood; Hal-le-lu-jah, what a Saviour!
Guilty, vile and help-less we, Spotless lamb of God was He;
Full atone-ment! Can it be? Hal-le-lu-jah, What a Saviour!
Lifted up was He to die, "It is finished." was His cry;
Now in Heaven exalted high, Hal-le-lu-jah, what a Saviour!
When He comes our glorious King, All his ransomed home to bring!
Then a-new this song we'll sing, Hal-le-lu-jah, What a Saviour!
I have so many wonderful memories of Easter with my family growing up. This morning as Rachael inspected her Easter goodies, with a head full of pink foam curlers, it brought to mind the many, many pictures of Dena'e and I with the curlers and chocolate on our faces! I remember the special feeling Easter church had, with the polished pews (so slippery, we used to like to slide across them) and the Easter flowers up on the altar and of course my little white gloves and purse (filled with jelly-beans) and my shawl. I still love the old hymns that we would sing, like the one written above. And I have added lots of newer worship songs to the list of favorites. What joy it can bring to my heart, that might be tempted to feel pity for myself to put on the radio, or a CD and hear beautiful music, praising our God. Immediately brings my thoughts out and up!
Thank you, Mom and Dad for taking us to the house of worship, not just on Easter, but each and every Sunday! Thanks for the pretty dresses the time spent curling my uncurl-able hair and teaching us just why we celebrate Easter! Thanks for all the candy for the kids. I wasn't able to get out and buy any, so you were "easter bunny" again. We love you very much!
3 comments:
Hi Danielle,
I sure hope you feel better soon.
It's sad that Spring brings sicknesses so often along with the flowers, but you are right ~ even when we feel lousy, we have a savior to lift our eyes and thoughts to, and everything is peaceful in the midst of anything. Hallelujah, indeed!!
I know just what you mean about worship, too. I treasure my worship cd's and tapes: they have the same effect for me, to lift my eyes and my heart up and put's everything in perspective, reminds me of this joy I am so lucky to have, because Jesus died for me & all of us as believers, I really love worship - it serves such a noble purpose. My only bad day is the day I don't put on those cd's and tapes, for whatever reason.
Praying for you all, for speedy recoveries and all kinds of good family blessings ;) <3
I'm sorry you didn't get to church today. I remember those soft pink curlers so we could sleep in them after getting a bath. I still remember the smell of the easter baskets sometimes you would even find a stray jellybean from the previous year hidden in the grass. I have to agree with the crowd here and say I love the way worship music can change your day. Love you and praying for you health.
I've missed seeing you Danielle - although I check with your mom to get the updates on how everyone is doing :) I've been praying for you and hope you feel better soon! How kind of you to think of all the others who are sick in the midst of your own sicknesses. What a testimony of God's grace in you! You guys are an example!
Post a Comment