First thing: Congratulations to Megan and Jim on the birth of their new little son, Alexander James! He was born July 11, and from the pictures that Megan sent me is just as adorable as his big sister Abby and big (is 19 months big?) brother Christopher. I cannot wait to see this new little cutie!
This week Nathanael went to Cub Scout camp. He was there all day and had a great time. I am not used to packing lunches every morning for the kids, or getting them up so early to catch a bus, but it was fun. I got to pack little notes and fun treats, things you just don't get to do while homeschooling. I was able to go along to camp on Tuesday and Joel went with Nate on Friday. Tuesday was soo hot, so Joel had the better day, but I think I am used to the heat and it didn't bother me so much.
It was a bit hard for the mommy in me to watch Nate and Jeremiah (siblings can come with parents- and Jeremiah was so excited to go along) shoot BB guns, bows and arrows and sling shots. Such manly things, things boys love and get such satisfaction out of, but can make Moms cringe. I was pretty proud of Nate with the BB gun. He got all five shots on the target and even had a few bullseyes. He really takes his time lining up the shot and is real steady. Jeremiah did well too, and he defidently beat me, I only got one shot on the paper, not even on the target- terrible! I am glad the family doesn't rely on me to shoot dinner! The leaders there are really strict with safety precautions and the boys learned alot about the weapons they were using.
They also learned flag folding and presentation (our troop did the flag ceremony on Friday) and fire building and safety, did arts and crafts that involved hammers and nails and muscles and had lots of time for tug of war games and swimming. Nate made a treasure box and a wooden dinoaur puzzle. He also made pet rocks, Joel and Jeremiah made a really neat eagle pet rock also.
Joel has been having fun ?? putting in new flooring in our kitchen and dining room. The kitchen is done and looks wonderful. I am so excited about the dining room. We purchased laminate flooring called "heirloom hickory" and it looks like wide plank wood, it will look so much nicer than the greyish-beige stained and nasty carpet we had before. Now how to organize the rooms again. The past two years my dining room hasn't had a table in it, it was just my homeschool area, so I will have to do some rearranging of my school room now! Perhaps I will try again to post some pictures. I have some really nice ones of the kids, our trip to Niagara Falls and hopefully soon, my new floors!
3 comments:
Nate and Jeremiah are getting so big. That is so neat the Jerem got to go with Nate! When you mentioned the BB Guns for a second I thought "Oh wow that would be fun, I haven't shot a weapon in years." Then I laughed and thought a mom of 3 girlies shouldn't be thinking that:) Yes Aunt Shannon wore combat boots:) Can't wait to see your new floors. Love ya...Shannon
Yays! New floors! redecorating! This can be such a lift for the spirit, can't it? Thanks Joel for serving your family and your home and putting in pretty new flooring! :)
Sounds like fun ay Cub Scout camp!
Hey I came across another blog I thought you might enjoy : www.humblemusings.com
<3
I'm so glad that Nate got to go to camp Uncle Lewis was really excited for him when I told him all the neat stuff he got to do at camp! I know you must be so happy to get new floors. I love the way a freshly redecorated room can make you feel. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment