Thursday, July 19, 2007

Splish Splash!

We have had alot of oppurtunities lately to go swimming. Last week I bought a big rectangular blow up pool from Target! It was a beast to blow up- the one ring took me well over an hour, and that was with a bicycle pump! But it is up and filled and refreshing, for all of us. I love to sit there and cool down with the kids.

Monday we had a fun barbecue with two neighboring families. The one family is about to move away, so it was a goodbye party for them. The Goodman family has a nice pool off the deck in their yard so the kids were swimming for a long time. We stayed and talked until the thunderstorm chased us back across the street to our house! And I had to get the clothes off the line with the lightening flashing across the sky-too much exitement for this scaredy cat Mommy! Elijah enjoyed going swimming with Joel, and then he was rather scary to keep an eye on, the deck is right on level with the pool rim, so Eli liked to get as close as possible, kept me and Joel hopping up all night. It is fun to have neighbors we get along so well with. Another homeschooling mom to chat with in the yard for a few minutes (or have in for tea for lots of minutes), and Joel loves John's big snowblower!

Tuesday the kids and I went to visit my friend Bonnie and her kids. All the kids get along so well, I always think it is almost easier to have her kids over- they all disappear and play nicely together. We had a good lunch together and took all the kids for a swim. Elijah, again suprised me by loving the pool! I think it is the cold water he doesn't like, just like his daddy! He sat in the baby float for an hour and a half, singing and splashing and soaking up the sun. After a good long swim we all devoured these yummy yummy peanut butter brownies. Bonnie and I had lots of time to talk , about God, our families, books we have read it is always a joy to get together with her. the kids were so glad to be with their friends, they played legos, and superman, and princess ballerinas, and with the toy kitchen and train sets, generally made a mess, but they cleaned in all up (well mostly)
It is nice to have such wonderful friends~ and so nice that they all have pools!

1 comment:

Denae said...

I'm so glad you guys have lots of mommy friends up there too, swimming has got to be one of my favorite things to do(since durfing isn't really an option with me right now) Amazing how even a kiddie pool can cool you off I spend many an afternoon soaking in a purple hard plastic baby pool and loving every minut of it (usually :)