Saturday, July 7, 2007

Tears of Sadness

My heart has been aching for the family of a sweet little two year old named Alivia. She was born the same day as my little niece Kayiah. Alivia went home to be with the Lord after a long and weary illness. I did not know this family personally, they attend the Sovereign Grace church in Lancaster, but have been following the blog for this sweet baby for the past year.

A few nights ago, I went to bed with a very heavy heart for Alivia and her family. I did not know at that point that the situation had really turned for the worse. I also had a heart full of sorrow for another family that I know of who had a baby born still this week. As I prayed and cried out to my God I was overwhelmed with the feeling that this world is not my home. There is a day coming when there will be no more tears, no more pain, no more death- because of You, Jesus! How this sad week has made me long for the day when our faith will be made sight.

It is so easy to love this world when I have been so blessed, but I don't have to look far to see the sadness and grief caused by the fall. And I know, that I too, will experience this bitter grief if I live long enough. God has chosen to spare me and my family from this pain, for now. He is so kind to us. And He will continue to be kind and good and merciful even when he choses to bring storms my way. My Lord, help me to always praise you, to say like Job, "Though he slay me, yet I will hope in him." (Job 13:15)

Please join me this week as I pray for this family. I know many of you read and pray for the Haugherys already, but if not please take time to lift them up to the God of All Comfort during what I am sure will be the hardest week of their lives.

"He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces..." Isaiah 25:7

2 comments:

Denae said...

Hey Dani
Just last night I was reading an article of a woman and the way she celebrated the birthday of her little girl who had died 5 months earlier just b4 her 6th birthday. Tears were coming down my face and I wondered why any mag would put that as their last article. It made me think of Kayiah and if I lost her. We will pray for the family I couldn't imagine the pain and yet thanks for the fresh reminder that God is Good and this is just a temporary home for us.

staceyhoff said...

Thank you for this post, Danielle. I remember when the little 2 y.o. boy died, suffocating inbetween the wall and his bunk bed, remember? Thought that family was part of the Lancaster church too?? and this reminds me afresh of then, it was so difficult for me then to reconcile that news with the God I had in my mind and today I am finally able to see God as good even when I don't understand everything that happens here on Earth, it's like you said Heaven is our home. I will definately be praying for the Haughery's. I used to follow their blog when the link was on Kelly's page. I wish I had copied the link somewhere, because since it has been removed I have not been able to check in on their family. But I sure can pray!! <3