Sunday, April 20, 2008

Photos and God's goodness


A few pictures that I have wanted to post now for a while. This first one is from The Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. This is when the boys receive all their badges and awards and move up. This is most of our Den, ready to be promoted to Bear Cubs. Nate and especially Jeremiah were very excited by this. Now they have blue neckerchiefs and a few more badges for me to sew onto the uniforms.
In this photo, Elijah posed for me, he even removed his pacifier for the shot! As soon as the camera clicked he popped it back in his mouth. He is diffidently an addict! At least he is a cute one!Nate and Jeremiah are Bear Cubs now. This is after the ceremony (that's what the paint on their heads is from). The boys really enjoy scouting.





.
Asher, today. this was taken about ten minutes ago, so I would have an up-to-date picture. But now he is screaming. He is nine weeks old now. I never did get pictures of him for 2 months since he has been sick.


Please continue to pray for Asher, and his mommy! He is feeling much better, but is extra grouchy most of the day, and much of the night. There isn't a ton of sleeping going on, at least in chunks big enough for me to get rest too. I would really appreciate your prayers for all of us. It has been a long few months with Asher. And although I know it goes by way too fast, it is exhausting while I am in it. I think the adrenaline that God graciously gave me during Asher's hospital stay is gone, and I am feeling my need for rest all the more now. When I get very over-tired (as in days and months of way too little sleep) I get very achy and tingling feelings in my joints. That sensation is here, so I am hoping Asher will rest more, and that God would restore all of us to good health. He is faithful to me however. Even on such limited sleep I feel his strength carrying me through each day. That is the only way that I am able to keep going. I know God's plan is best, and he never slumbers nor sleeps. He will give me rest.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you WILL find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30


Once again, I am convicted of trusting in self, and focusing on what I need instead of the promises that God graciously gives us in scripture. He is so good to me. Thank You Jesus!

5 comments:

Denae said...

Ok so let me comment on my handsome nephews, I can't believe they are growing so quickly and are bear scouts they looked really nice in their new uniforms, what a great program boyscouts is! Elijah what a cutie! I have another thumb sucker now Milenah has found the thumb and it's cute in these early days b/c you can hear her sucking loudly on it to try and get it to stay in her mouth and get her hands to cooperate and stay open at least the thum. As for you, I know being tired is one of the worst felings in the world, esp when you don't see any good sleep in the near future. We will be praying for you guys!

cb4swife said...

Thanks for posting pics of the boys in their uniforms...they are so handsome! We are praying for you and little Asher! Love you...

Linda said...

Danielle,
You have been on my heart - I can't imagine how you're seeing your weakness vs God's strength right now. How kind of him to remind you of his word and the sweet promises he makes to weary souls!
Linda

Linda said...

PS - I had to tell you: Dawn and I got to have Benny in children's ministry this week and that boy just melts my heart! He is so sweet and loving to his classmates; he was doing a great job being a peace-maker! Then he amused Miss Dawn by telling her about his cowboy chaps :-) What a cutie!

Audrey said...

Dear Dani:) Praying for you as you care so well for your dear family...Praying that Asher will have a speedy recovery...God Bless, my friend:)