The reason I haven't posted lately is sickness has invaded our home. It has been about two weeks now of yucky colds, fevers and throwing up. On Thursday Asher became the next victim. I wasn't too suprised or concerned. I really noticed that he was alot more lethargic and not eating much on Saturday and by early evening when I changed his diaper I noticed how he was struggling for breath, and he had a fever. So our Pediatrician told us to head to the hospital.
The ER was packed, which is odd for the country hospital we go to. But we were taken care of relatively quickly. We had a "room" in the hallway area and I felt bad for the other patients since Asher was screaming this hoarse kind of scream the whole time. The Dr. admitted us as soon as he saw how low Asher's oxygen levels were and how badly his chest was retracting. We were all happy to head upstairs to a quiet room.
Asher had a severe respiratory illness, not RSV, but very similar in all its manifestations. He was on Oxygen for a few days and lots of other medications. It is rather alarming to see your eight week old with tubes up his nose, three monitors on his chest, an IV in one foot and another sensor on the other foot. It is a good thing that he was too sick to care. We are so thankful for the excellent care we were able to get for him and the way our pediatrician and the nurses cared for not just little Boo, but for me too. Last night Asher was up all night, he didn't fall asleep until six am. A very kind nurse stayed in my room and held him and rocked him for me for well over an hour so I could at least lay down for a bit. (The nurses recognized me from the last few times we have been in the pediatric ward with sick kiddies)
Please pray that Asher would continue to heal. We were able to come home today (tuesday) but he is still on the nebulizer and steroids. He is very grouchy. But he is breathing so much easier, and so are we. Thank you God for healing our little one.
I probably won't be out anywhere for a while since we can't bring Asher around crowds for three to four weeks. But by then spring should be in full force! I am so looking foward to it.
7 comments:
YEAH!! I am so glad he is doing a little better. I tried calling you at the hospital today and there was no answer...so I was hoping you were home. We ahve been praying and Ahslyn has been very concerned :) She still wants to care for Aunt Dani! We'll continue to pray for rapid healing for the boo...we love you...
Danielle, I've been praying for you since I heard on Sunday. And I don't know how you posted on the blog but I'm so grateful b/c I was wondering how things were going... I'm praying for your health with the lack of sleep you've been getting... and also for Asher's continued progress towards health. Can we do something or you??? please don't hesitate to call! we love you guys!
We are praying for you guys! And for good sleepies for Asher and mommy
Danielle,
I am so glad Asher is home again and doing a little better. I will continue praying for his health and for rest for you. Kate prays every night for your family to be back at church. Hope to talk to/see you soon!
Dani~
Nate told us of the sad news on Sunday and we were able to pray for Asher and all of you dear Maddie's. So glad that you are all home and that he is on the mend. We will continue to pray for you and the little one. Love you
Poor Asher! I am praying for a speedy recovery, and no residual sicknesses (like my Christopher had after getting RSV at such a young age!) It is so hard to see them, so little, weak, and helpless and so sick. I am also praying that you are able to get some rest! Love ya!
Oh Danielle - I noticed Joel alone with only some of the kids on Sunday and wondered who had it this time. I'm so sorry it was Tiny-Mite! I will be praying for you guys.
Post a Comment