Monday, April 28, 2008

April showers of Blessings

We have had a busy few days. What a gorgeous week it was last week. Now we have lots of rain and the chilliness that often comes with that. But last Friday it was wonderful. It felt like summer. The kids loved playing outside for hours and hurried to finish school in the morning to be able to do that. Joel mowed the lawn and I hung my clothes out all week. Ahhh I love the smell of sunshine dried clothes.


This picture is of Asher and his second mommy. I can't really get a photo of Rachael without the baby! The nightgown Rachael has on was handmade by Mom-mom M. -her doll has a matching one to wear. Asher is nine weeks old here.




Here is our cutie pie! Almost smiling. Asher is feeling alot better. He has some good days and lots of fussy days, but how adorable is this baby!!! He is ten weeks old in this photo. Time is going way too fast!


Our first summer get-together with our neighbors. What fun. Friday night our family had a picnic dinner outside and afterwards our wonderful neighbors, who are christians, and homeschoolers-with kids our kids ages (well Nate and Jeremiah) came over with four half gallons of icecream! We stayed outside talking and the kids played until it was very dark! Yay for summer and fun neighbors!!


My silly big boys eating ice-cream. Notice Jerem's missing teeth. He pulled them out (he does not wait until they are going to fall out on their own) this past week. It was kind of a bloody ordeal. He also makes silly faces for all my photos- just like Pop-Pop Eder



Nate's Dinosaur creations. Aren't they cute (or maybe fierce!!!). He loves playing with the legos.
Today I ventured out to the mall with all six for the very first time. Sorry no picture of that! I was able to get six pairs of shoes before the baby melted down. We took a break in the lounge area at Sears to feed Asher and then did a small bit of shopping there until Asher couldn't handle it anymore. I quickly bought some promised Auntie Anne's pretzels for the kids to eat in the van and high-tailed it out of there!! Asher did fall asleep on our very wet ride home. Now there is cinnamon sugar all over the back seat of the van. Asher just isn't going to be my shopping buddy!! That's why I had a little girl. She likes to shop!!

5 comments:

Denae said...

You are lucky to have a little mommy to help out! Asher is getting so big! And cute! You are brave to go to the mall with all 6 kiddies. We love this nice weather too thats another great thing about homeschooling, no more day-dreaming about being out side on nice school days you can make it happen hahaha! Loved all the pics!

Linda said...

Everytime I get to see Asher I think he is more gorgeous than I remembered! You are one blessed Momma! I agree with your sister - very brave to take the troops to the mall together. And I love love love summer days as well. I can't wait to leave the windows open on a more permanent basis and I get giddy on the mornings I'm able to hang wash before heading to work :-)

Bonnie said...

Glad you have been able to get outside and enjoy some of this beautiful Spring we have been having. It was good to see all 8 of you at church on Sunday! Kate was excited to see Asher on Sunday and has been thanking God in her prayers every night for helping Asher to get better.
What fun to have an Ice cream party! What a blessing to have such kind neighbors.
Just over a month and school will be out so hopefully we'll be able to get together a little more often-I know the kids are looking forward to that-so am I!

Audrey said...

I was wondering how that outing went.:) Glad that you did get what you went for and that you were even able to get Auntie Anne's on top of it all...I love the thought of you in the mall with all six kiddos...it makes me laugh thinking that people say I have my hands full with just my three:) I often think,"This is nothing, you should see my friends Danielle and Esther:)"

Ambra H. said...

I love all the pictures. :)

Jewel from MOMYS. :)