Things can be "hard" here, and too often I am tempted to complain that "I cant do it". And then God gently reminds me that I am right. I cannot do it. But He gave these children to me, and he has given Joel and I the conviction to homeschool and He will give me the grace to "do it".
A verse that is on my fridge and looked at very often is:
"But as for you (that's me), be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." II Chronicles 15:7
I know that I will be rewarded for the things that I do to bring God glory when I reach that heavenly shore, but I can quickly overlook the rewards I have here on earth such as:
1. After a hard two years in phonics land with Jeremiah, he is starting to "get it". Even as we are learning harder and harder words, he is keeping up. Yesterday we had "machine"- that follows no rules for phonics. Words like that should be outlawed!! But, praise to God reading is getting easier for my son
2. Asher, although still greatly distressed by many things, has slept thru the nights three nights now. They have not been consecutive, but I am hopeful!
3. What a blessing my kids are to me! On Mother's day they were so excited to make me breakfast in bed. Never mind that I was up and showered and bed made already. I sat on the bed and was surrounded by eager, happy healthy blessings as I ate my peanut buttered bagel and coffee!
4. Joel is such a great Daddy. He helped with the breakfast they made, purchased me nice flowers and new chair cushions for the dining room all while watching the five oldest while I was away at the homeschool conference. He vacumed the living room and even did school on Friday!Thanks Joel! I love you.
I was able to attend the PA homeschool convention this year with my friend Tracy. I felt badly, since Asher was with us, and suffice to say- he hated the conference! But even with his strong dislike and loud protests I was able to buy all the books I need for next year. Tracy and I had lots of time to talk and we enjoyed our dinner at Fudruckers on the way home (ha-ha, it was not real enjoyable). But how I love to see all those wonderful books in one place. Joel also purchased me a sling for Asher, thinking it might help him be more calm while we are out and about. He did fall asleep in the sling for a few hours during the convention, so it was a hit with Asher and me! It was pretty comfy, and I am not a "baby-wearing" kind of momma.
I will have four little scholars and have two large boxes of books to prove it. I am quite excited about our history and science stuff. We are going to be exploring countries and cultures. Lots of geography, which I never really learned, missionary stories, praying for different people groups. It looks like fun. More fun than the three levels of math texts! I was also able to pick up some summer reading books for me. I am always eager to be reading something that will help me be a more effective teacher, a more passionate homemaker and wife and a more glorifying daughter of the Lord. Summer may just afford me the time to do some reading. We have one week left of school to meet our required days here. I am counting down!!
Soon, I will try to get some new pictures of the kids on here.
2 comments:
I was wondering how the baby did at the conference. Yay so almost summer huh? Your new world cultures curriculum sounds cool that was always my favorite subjects for as much as I liked school and studying. :) NEED PICS ASAP. Wow asher is 3 months huh? I can't believe Milenah is 2 mos already
Thank you for the reminder, Danielle. I, too, get easily discouraged about all I have to "do" and I have 1/2 the kids that you do - God bless you!!
Post a Comment