Friday, May 23, 2008

Snow!!!


Elijah is having a vocabulary explosion. We have been waiting for his as he is two and a half and doesn't speak much at all yet. I have heard him a few times dancing around saying "snow, snow". I figured he was trying to say something other than snow and that is just how it sounded.
I was getting Benny and Eli dressed one morning in the sunny bedroom they share. Eli again was twirling and reaching into the air and saying "snow!"
Then it hit me. He sees the dust floating thru the air in the sunshine, and he thinks it is snow and he is trying to catch it!!! This made me laugh so much, and realize I must make more time for dusting!

5 comments:

Denae said...

Thats hilarious! Kinda reminds me of how when I was pregnant Kayiah would go up to lews belly and say baby! Kids call it like they see it.

Amy said...

Dusting is completely overrated!! Let them enjoy the "snow" :)

We're in the same boat with Nathan - he only says about 5 words and he's almost 19 months. Hoping it'll kick in soon! :)

Bonnie said...

Let us know when he starts to say
"Snowman"!

cb4swife said...

too cute :)

Linda said...

That's adorable! I'm not a faithful duster either. I actually like to watch the dust floating in the sunlight.