
We had a wonderful time on Memorial Day watching our town's parade. It was alot longer than what I was expecting. The kids all got free balloons, and lots of candy. We were happy to see that several friends from church joined us to watch. It was extra fun since we were waiting to see Nate and Jeremiah and the cub scouts march by!

After the parade we enjoyed the ceremony honoring the veterans. It was solemn and reverent. There were many prayers spoken. Thank you veterans for keeping us free. Thank you Dad and Dad Madison for your service to our country.

Nate and Jeremiah march by. They were going pretty fast, so this is the best I got. The boys had a nice time. After the parade, we were treated with free hotdogs,chips and drinks from the fire department. Ahhh we enjoy life in this small town.

Asher waves his flag in thankfulness for being born in The U.S.A.

We enjoyed a wonderful family gathering at my brother in law, Neil's home on Saturday. Laura, my sister in law, is an excellent hostess and her beautifu backyard kept the kids playing happily for hours. Here is a photo of Joel, his Dad, and his oldest brother, Norm. Don't they all look alike?? Don't know what exactly has their attention, probably something the kids were up to.

And last, my silly self portrait of my Rachael and I. I was worn out and just laying on the couch after walking home from the parade. Rachael probably was crashing after a sugar high after eating about fifteen tootsie rolls at the parade. It was a nice, long weekend. And I am so glad that the weather broke. It defidently feels like summer now , especially since we are done school.
5 comments:
Next time you have a parade you have to let us know... we opted for a nearby one and it was pretty lame! We still really enjoyed our memorial day as a family but we weren't pampered with any candy or balloons :) It sounds like you really had a relaxing day. How wonderful! And congrats on finishing school! yeah summer!
I deleted that comment sorry I wanted to edit. Anyways I loved the pics, esp the one of you and Rachey b/c I don't get to see you very often so it's a joy to see you on your blog, we are getting a different cell so I can add you to my list of people I can call for free whenever. Joel and Neil and their dad do look alike thay all have that same stare and Neil wearing the smae shirt as his dad was that planned? Loved Asher holding the flag. Bet the boys had a blast being in the Parade. Love u
I have to echo what Julie said...I had no idea there was a parade and the boys were in it...that was neat...you'll have to let us know next year! We went ot Rose Tree Park as a family ... We love you guys! Waiting for some pics of a new van:)
Done school? Hooray! One more week for Xavier, but he only has half-days this week. I always loved the beginning and the end of the school year. I love patriotic little Asher! Rachael and Nate were telling me today about the parade. Sounds like a blast! We love parades too but there's something special about one where you know people. Glad you guys had fun, and I'm enjoying the warm weather too. Every night that I can leave the windows open and wake up warm I am praising God for his blessings poured out!
Post a Comment