


Well, we had a fun dinner the other night. On Monday I had made a ham dinner, so we still had some leftover ham. Tuesday was a busy night, so I just decided to fry up some eggs and reheat the ham to go with it. I thought it would be a funny thing to make green eggs and ham! Like the Dr. Seuss book. Two drops of blue food coloring turned my bowl of 18 eggs into a lovely shade of shamrock green! I was giggling the whole time. I told the kids the green eggs came from what else but green chickens! They were apprehensive at first, but once they tasted the eggs, much like Sam I am, they liked them! I like green eggs and ham! I like them in a box and with a fox. I like them here and there. I like green eggs and ham anywhere!
What a fun family memory, and it only cost me about two seconds of thought and two drops of food coloring to turn an ordinary, quick meal in to one that we laughed and talked about all evening. Family memories don't have to be expensive or elaborate!
On a serious note, it is alarming to me just how much food I have to make anymore. The eighteen eggs left the boys asking for more and the plate of ham was gone as well as many pieces of toast. If they keep it up I am going to have to resort to beans and beans and more beans for our dinners!
6 comments:
So much fun Dani:) I can only imagine how much your little Maddies eat. 18 eggs are a lot of eggs...How many do you buy when you do your big shopping order....oh my goodness...Thanks for your example of making fun family memories...
Wow that is a lot but I know I make 4 just for kayiah and I to have lunch so I can imagine! Green eggs lookes as appealing as the cat litter cake haha its funny what color will do to your mind, but you know me I dont eat many green things hahaha. What a cute idea though.
How fun Danielle. They will talk about that meal years from now.
We did a Hawaii night probably 3 years ago and every once in a while the boys will ask if we can do that again. Their favorite part was getting in our bathing suits in the middle of winter and all 5 of us squeezing into the whirlpool tub!
I laughed with you on this - I tried to be festive one christmas and make green eggs and strawberry syrup for pancakes. Unfortunatly Josiah was only little and Keith & I quickly dismissed this as a tradition :) It was NOT very appetizing! But yours looked great and I'm sure went over much better with 5 kids! How fun! It sounds bad maybe but I don't think 18 eggs is a lot... I would be hesitant on feeding 4 boys lots of beans though!!! yikes!
Ah - I'm laughing over Julie's comment about the beans. We used to do Green Eggs and Ham for lunch at the daycare on Dr. Seuss' birthday each year. The reactions are always fun. I love times like that when we just get to be silly with our kids. And I remember having 2 crates of 24 eggs in the fridge through most of my childhood. They are yummy, easy and nutritious.
Oh my...do you think my picky Ashlyn would've eaten green eggs...I am sure she would've if her cousins were doing it...cute idea! I can't wait to hear how many eggs you need when those boys are teenagers...Love ya...
Post a Comment