Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Nae-Nae

Happy Birthday Nae-Nae!!!

Thinking of you alot today, wishing you were close enough that we could come over and help you celebrate. We can just pretend that the kids are all playing on that huge waterslide thing you have, and that Lewis is grilling something southern and tasty and I of course made you a cheesecake. We miss you alot. I told you already that I have been looking through the neat book you made for me a few years ago, and it made me think of these special memories:

birthdays at the beach. Complete with a trip to the board walk, cotton candy and that icecream roll cake from Tom's Best that we always had...

getting our presents on the same day, so we could play with them together. we often wanted the same, or nearly the same gift when we were little, like our Real Babies. Remember them?? Now Rachael and Ashy play with them at mom's house....and we get to play with our real babies. it was so fun to be pregnant with you this time, lets do it again!

the horse birthday, I think your thirteenth. When you got the riding lessons and that neat little saddle for your Breyer horses. You were so excited....

the one year we each got those beautiful Precious Moments Bibles from Mom and Dad for our birthdays. I still have mine, I used it until I was married. We loved to look at all the pictures in them.

That fun trip to the beach we all took as teenagers/young adults. the one where we almost ate other people's leftovers we were so hungry. and CB spinned us so fast on the tea cups we almost puked.

What fun we had growing up together, and what fun it is now to see you with your own little ones. We are so blessed. We all miss ALL of you. Happy 28th Denae. I guess that means I am only 31 for one more month....where has all the time gone?


2 comments:

Denae said...

Thank you for al the sweet memories! i was just thinking of those real babies the other day. I was just thinking how fun birthdays were as a kid not so special as an adult but I had a good day. Yes I remember that time we were so hungry we had to make rules about 1 fry at a time hahaha, I wish I had some grottos on this birthday. Ill call you soon. Love you ( we wish your kids could play onthe slide with us), Kayiah colored a picture she called "cousins" so we will mail it up w/ some pics. She groups your kids together as cousins hahaha

Denae said...

oh yeah you'll have to give me a few years on the pregnancy thing :)