Tuesday, February 8, 2011

All in a day: February 8- Morning

Cutie Pie Luke after downing a bowl of cereal and banana. You can tell he is baby number seven in that his cereal is often mixed right in the measuring cup. I wish I "discovered" this with Nate. The measuring cup is the perfect size for baby food, and the handle is ever so handy, plus you can see exactly how much the little one ate, which is usually ALL of it!
Playing with the Little Pets. Diaper changing supplies still out after last baby changing.


Through out these long winter days, couped up in the house, we need to call many "reading breaks". When the noise level rises to more than I can bear, and the children have run out of anything productive, relatively quiet or peacable to do, I call, "Find a book and sit on the couch."
This was relatively early in the morning, before we started our formal school work. I had a bunch of other tasks to do before I could sit for lessons, that is why the little pets, and other toys made it out of their boxes this morning.

Big brother reading aloud to three little brothers. Benny alternated between the Curious George Treasury Nate was reading from and the Three Musketeers book Jeremiah was reading. I love how Asher is snuggled up to his biggest brother.



Potty training. In the kitchen. It is much easier for me to make sure the potty trainee is actually doing what he is supposed to be doing if he is in plain sight of me. Our powder room is about the same size as our coat closet, and I much prefer to not spend too many hours in there. Again, one of those things you learn along the way.
Since we have been pretty much house-bound with this weather, and nothing new is going on to post about, I thought I would give some "everyday" glimpses into life in our little home.




3 comments:

Megan said...

Love the pictures of all the kids! That first one of Asher is SO adorable!! And the one of the boys reading is so sweet too! Its amazing how we moms adapt and learn after our first baby - you could probably write a book on it! :)

Megan said...

Oh My - I just realized I called Baby Luke, Asher! WHOOPS!! :) I guess they are probably used to it though! :)

Danielle said...

Megan,
Yes they are very used to it, I don't expect others to keep them straight when I can't!
Danielle