
My mornings from about 6:45-7:15. (
unless we have been sick, which unfortunately has been too often lately). But today I feel well again, and was happy to do my walk, and then sit down for some quiet time with God, and my nice hot cup of coffee! I am reading various books in the Bible (loosely following the schedule in Prayer Points put out by Samaritan's Purse), a reading in
Valley of Vision, and the days reading in
Look Unto Me.

I often get to share quiet time with this cutie. Who likes to sit with his apple juice, his puppy and his
blankie (in his lap). And he likes to talk to Mommy. When else does he have me to himself? Today we somehow came upon the questions,
"what are you going to be when you get big, Asher?" He thought, and thought, and then replied, very matter of fact, "
A grown-up!"(see I told you he was smart).
Then after explaining that he needed to be quiet so mommy could learn about God, he said that "God is very smart..God knows everything,...long pause....I know everything too!"
So that is how "quiet time" goes with these little ones in the house. But I wouldn't trade those sweet little faces, and cute conversations for anything.
2 comments:
adorable Asher! He would love mornings with Milenah who snuggles in the recliner with her milk, blankie and Ellie. Wishing I had the discipline to walk... but I do have my coffee and QT. it makes me feel good that milenah knows what Im doing as it's almost a daily habit that she walks in and says what you doing mommy you read your bible? Of all my habits I hope thats the 1 she picks up on
Adorable!! I get frustrated when my quiet time is interupted but mind isn't as cute as that distraction!
Post a Comment