I don't want to neglect my blog any longer, but it sure has been busy around our house! I don't have very many pictures either. Does anyone have any hints on getting a point and shoot type camera to take a picture of Christmas lights without them being blurry, and the lights looking like lasers going through the whole picture? I am pretty bad with photography. Actually very bad. But I would love to get a teensy bit better.
So we put up the tree in the beginning of the month. My ideas of a fun family time quickly go out the window each year. But each year I am a bit delusional thinking that THIS YEAR will be the one with the fun, Martha Stewart type memories and the gorgeously decorated tree. In all truthfulness, it wasn't so bad. Our living room isn't super large, so nine people, a few large boxes, strings of lights and tissue paper wrapped fragile ornaments, and a plate of half burnt homemade chocolate chip cookies makes for a cozy, loud, and more homemade card with too much glitter kind of Christmas than Martha Stewart. Really, just what I really want whether I realize it or not. It is so fun to see how excited the kids are. And Luke has finally learned, mostly, that the tree and the pretty red beads are big "NO-NO's"!
Joel also strung up our icicle lights and put up the greens in the window, and the decoration that doesn't go, but is by far the most favorite, our nativity blow-up in the yard. Every night the kids hurry outside at the hint of dusk, which sadly is at about 4 pm now, and plug everything in! I think it really does look pretty.
The children and I made about 200 chocolate covered pretzels last night. It went quickly and was actually pretty fun. I had lots of sprinkles to sweep up early this morning though!
I am done my shopping, but haven't done any wrapping, but I did buy wrapping paper, so that is a head start.
I had my first midwife appointment, and that went well, I had an ultrasound with no fun details to relay- we will have to wait to know which kind of baby we are going to get this time. I kind of like the surprise anyway. But oh I am curious! Off today for another appointment.
We had a nice time with Joel's brother, Norm's family on Sunday. We joined them for church and for a surprise luncheon for our nephew, Norman. He will be 21 soon. We are all looking forward to family Christmas celebrations with both sides of our family. Mine for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner and hymn sing and Jewish apple cake, and Joel's family for a fun family party and of course Christmas day with sticky buns, and a very crowded house full of sugared up children and young adults. We can't wait to meet the first great grandchild! And see Kimberly's new engagement ring!! Lots of excitement at the Madi house.
We are continuing in our prayers for Kevin. He has been unable to meet counts (not sure exactly what that entails) to continue with his chemotherapy. It has been delayed two week now, and they are hoping to begin next week. With a break for Christmas and starting back up that Monday. Please continue to keep our little nephew and his family in your prayers. We know that God hears them all.
Maybe soon we will have some pictures to post. Enjoy your preparations for the celebration of our Savior's birth.
No comments:
Post a Comment