I needed to flip the calendar this morning to February. There is beautiful picture of a wonderful farm, the kind of place I would love to live (Lang's Barns calendar). But the weather lately would have me think that I should keep on flipping until the April page. It is sixty degrees today, and sunny. It was kind of rainy and unpromising this morning when I was out for my walk, but God sure had a pretty day in store for us today. I took the children out for a walk, to deposit the bigger ones at my parents' for lessons this afternoon. I have a few windows cracked open to allow in the nice, fresh air. Oh thank you God for the hint of, the promise of spring.
I had my midwife appointment yesterday, and I am growing, growing and growing. My measurement increased by 7cm in two weeks, which now makes me measuring nearly full term, way ahead of where I should be. I gained only half a pound, so I am not packing it on that way. I am not sure what is going on, and there is a bit of concern there, this is not the normal pattern for me. I had an ultrasound done, baby is measuring bigger, but not that much bigger. I don't have any official results other than that. I have a few other appointments this week related to my health and pregnancy. Well, at least now I don't wonder why I feel "ready to pop", I really am!! :)
My resting is paying off. It is working, and for now my blood pressure is back down to normal!!
Please be praying for our nephew, Kevin. He goes in to CHOP on Tuesday (the seventh) to begin treatments to ready his body for the bone marrow transplant. Daniel, one of Kevin's brothers, a senior is high school, is going to be donating the marrow, he is a perfect match. What a blessing. This is a scary and hard time for the family. Please keep them all in your prayers. Kevin's dad is Norm and is Joel's oldest brother. His mom is Trish. Kevin has 24, 22, 21, 19, 17 and 13 year old siblings. Kevin will be inpatient for at least a month. That alone, is hard on a family. It is hard for us to know exactly what to do for them, besides pray and pray some more. Our children pray daily for their cousin and Joel and I often just lift up little short prayers throughout the day for him and the rest of our family. We know that God plans all things for the good of those who love him and are called according to His purpose. We believe that. We know He hears the prayers of His people. Please join us, again and continuously, in lifting up this family before the throne.
1 comment:
Praying!!!
Post a Comment