Benny's CubScout Pack held a rolllerskating party last weekend. It was for the whole family, and Joel went ahead with our five older children while I stayed home with the little two. I cannot rollerskate right now :) and they can't either, plus we still have this sickness hanging in.
Rachael loves to rollerskate and is pretty good at it. She practiced a lot this summer on her rollerblades. Until our township decided to be very hard-nosed about an obscure law on the books stating that nothing with wheels (besides a bike) can be used on township streets and sidewalks. Yes, that is what the police told us about our kids riding scooters, rollerblades or the like outside. Banned. Lots of unhappy families here, and very upset kiddies. We'll see how it goes this summer.
Elijah was very unsteady on his feet for a while, but then he got the hang of it and had a great time skating with Rachael, Benny, and Benny's very good friend who came along with us that night.
Nate and Jeremiah are pretty sure on their feet too, and had a nice time. In addition to the skating, there was pizza and lots of snacks to enjoy. They all had a lot of fun.
We still have sickness here. Rachael woke up throwing up this morning, and Asher and Luke are still coughing a lot. Yuck. Hurry up spring!!!
Kevin Update: overall, according to my sister in law, Kevin is doing pretty well with all the treatments. Our other nephew goes in to have marrow extracted from both hips at the end of the week, please keep him in your prayers too, it can be a pretty painful experience. When you think of him, please pray that he would continue to handle these procedures well. He has reacted to some medications and that is always a scary thing. Most of his family is sick, and are not allowed to visit. God is answering prayers.
1 comment:
Wish I could have been part of the Maddie family for this adventure! I haven't been rollerskating in years, and I wish I had an excuse to try it again. We have a rink about 2 miles from our house, but you have to have a good reason to go...and people who aren't afraid to fall :)
Post a Comment