Friday, March 2, 2012

A growing family....


...needs a growing table.


The little Ikea table that Joel and I started married life with (it had two chairs), had become my desk.  The drop leaf table that seats six squishy-like, and a hand me down table from my brother that we made good use of for a few years, were all becoming too small.  A good problem to have.  But we couldn't find a table we liked, that we could afford. 
We have been looking for a few years, and I was happy to discover this table and the chairs at a used furniture store for a great price, although the table is actually brand new!  So I bought it and then told Joel afterwards, hoping he would like it.  I was hoping for a bit longer, but this one is 96 inches and a great size for our family of almost 10.  We are awaiting benches to go with it, to take the place of the ladder-back style chairs borrowed from our old table.  My dad is almost finished making them, and I am excited. 
PS-Joel was very happy with the table, glad I made the purchase (he hates to shop) and would be happy if I did the same thing with our looking for a new sofa, or two. 

4 comments:

Julie V said...

YAY!!! How excited I am to hear that you finally found one! And I really like the style (from what I can tell) how wonderful to have some space :)
Great job, Danielle!

Shannon said...

So glad you put up a pic...the table is beautiful....it'll look great with the benches too...so glad you finally found one!

Debbie Fitts said...

GREAT table! Look forward to seeing your benches. :)

debbie @momys

Carol Stolte said...

I LOVE the huge farmhouse table.