On March 11, our first born celebrated his THIRTEENTH birthday! We had a great time celebrating with him, and will get to that in a minute. Joel and I realized that we are entering a whole new parenting phase here. We are no longer just a family with little kids. For the next 20 years, we will have a teen-aged son or daughter in our home. In some ways this excites me, and in other ways I don't feel ready for this challenge. All the heart probing talks, and long nights that come along with the fun and friendship side that we are looking forward to. Joel and I only hope that we can continue to encourage Nate, and his little brothers and sister, to walk in a manner worthy of the gospel. To be a good example for them, to teach them to look to God for all they need.
Joel and I with our oldest, and our baby(s). Nathanael has been such a joy to parent, and Joel and I are so proud of him. He is a hard worker in school and a big help here with his younger brothers and sister. Thank you, God for 13 wonderful years with Nathanael.
On his birthday, we celebrated with a lasagna dinner with Nate's grandparents and our favorite Meggie-soup. Everyone enjoyed the meal, and the lemon cake that Rachael whipped up for me while I was busy cooking the rest of the dinner. It is so nice to have helpers in the kitchen now!
Nate was pleased with his gifts and homemade cards from each of his siblings. Nate is a wonderful big brother and all of the younger ones look up to him. I love how each of the children is excited to celebrate birthdays that are not theirs. They make cards secretly, and put together little gifts if they are able. Rachael made some nice "happy birthday" banners and of course they all sing loudly.
Nate had requested a while ago that we go to Chuck E. Cheese to play games for his birthday. We had errands to run on the day before his birthday, and we ended up having time to grant him that wish. It was very crowded, and that place is a source of much stress to me, but the children sure had a nice time. Nate also had a great birthday date with my parents and Jeremiah. They went to Lancaster to the Hebrew Tabernacle, then out for a big lunch! They also slept over and watched a movie with Pop-pop the night before their outing. Thanks, Mom and Dad.
So, Happy Birthday Nathanael! We sure love you!
Update on Kevin:
Kevin was able to come home the middle of last week. He has the NG tube, that keeps coming out when he gets sick :(, but he is very glad to be home. I will keep updating as he progresses in his healing.
No comments:
Post a Comment