
A Mother's Mission
A mother's job is special
and carries strong demands.
With the molding of the little lives
God places in her hands.
Though her life may not be glamorous,
The world will see her worth.
For 'tis true "the hands that rock the cradle
are the hands that rule the earth."
To bring her children up in Christ,
Indeed is very much.
For the years will show her value
By the lives, their lives, will touch.
~author unknown
Happy belated Mother's Day to all my mommy friends and sisters. And of course my own Mommy and Joel's mom too. We love you both very much!
We had a pretty low-key Sunday, indeed my gift to my mother was a day without my kids! My parents were so kind to watch our five while Joel and I headed for the homeschool conference Friday and Saturday. We had a nice time, and were able to purchase the books and materials we will need for school next year. I can't believe Rachael will be "in school" already!
After such a busy two days my gift on Sunday, was a nice looong nap! Indeed, I went to bed after church and stayed there until five! It was wonderful! The kids made me, with much help from my mom (thank you!) a pretty book-mark with five real violets on it. And those who know me best, know how I go thru bookmarks. I cannot enjoy a book, magazine, anything without one in my hand. On the back my mom wrote down what each child said they love about me. It is so pretty and the kids were so excited to give it to me. Benny told me, "Happy Mudders Day" about every five minutes, although he wished Joel a "happy mudder's day" too. He is such an affectionate little boy.
I finally threw out my old collection of nail-polishes, which defidently dated to the Danielle Eder days. I bought a new color, "Strawberry" from my neighbor who keeps me in lotions and lipgloss (she sells Avon). I had fun doing Rachael's and my own tootsies. They are pretty bright, but since I haven't any finger nails to paint (bad habit) I like to have fun with my toes. Rachael was pretty pleased too, the more pink the better!
What a blessing my children are to me. I am so glad that I am a mommy. Not just once, but five times. I don't take it for granted, I am keenly aware of what a joyous blessing it is to have these little lives to mold and teach, these little hearts to care for. The priveledge of praying for them, the awesome responsibility that God has given to Joel and I.
3 comments:
Yay I was soooo happy to see pics of all five! I can't believe how big Eli is. I'm glad we got to talk on the phone earlier but now I don't have much to write! Love you and happy mudders day. Oh I stole your poem for my blog too :-)
Hey Dani -
What a great picture of all the kiddies. They sure are getting big! Sounds like you had a nice mother's day - how could you not with those amazing kids! Talk to you soon!
Megan
Happy Belated Mother's Day to you! Thank you for your example of a woman who cherishes her kiddies and counts it a blessing to be a mother. What a blessing it is! God is so kind to us in giving us these little blessings!!!
Post a Comment