Last friday Rachael had a big day. She was able to come with me to visit her new cousin Evelyn. Rachael loved to hold her, and she looked with such longing at this little bundle of pink. I think she thought babies only come wrapped in blue blankets! She has a renewed interest in her baby dolls now, and has been swaddling them up and pushing them around the yard in her stroller lately.
Immediately after leaving her cousins' home, we went to the township building. Rachael had entered an Arbor Day coloring contest earlier in April, and we had recieved a call saying that she won! We were so excited for her. Rachael spends half her day coloring pictures, and for four she really is quite good.
Rachael loved helping to put the ceremonial shovel of dirt on the newly planted tree, she shook hands with the men and accepted her award. I was so surprised to see that she was given a twenty dollar gift certificate to the mall! She and I are going to have a date soon and spend her prize money. We may make a bear at the "build a bear" store, or pick something out at K-B toys. Congratulations Rachy- we love you!
I have a few cute pictures, but I may try to post them later. It takes sooo long to do it with dial up, and I have things to do today- what a pretty saturday we are having. Joel is not home this morning, but hopefully he will be home for the afternoon. I am still not feeling 100 %, very tired still, but at least the kids didn't get this illness, or Joel. Please continue to pray for us.
2 comments:
Danielle ~ I will continue to keep you in my prayers! I'm glad to here the rest of the family is well though! It sounds like you had a great time with your daughter - in many ways. I love those times of one-on-one! :) And by the way - the pirate cake didn't end up being too hard at all! You could do it! :)
Rachey we are so proud of you winning the award! You will have to color us a picture and mail it to us and I will scan it and put it on my blog. We hope you all feel better soon!
Post a Comment