Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Today

Today~
What a pretty, pretty day! thank you, God for spring! The windows are open, my clothes smell so fresh again from hanging on the line and the boys are able to expel some of their boundless energy outdoors. We purchased a new swingset for the kids a few weeks ago. They are having so much fun on it. I have been spending alot of time outdoors hanging the clothes, following Elijah around (making sure he doesn't get bonked by the swings) and just sitting in my lawn chair pouring over homeschool catalogues. I usually love this, looking at all the good books out there, but lately I feel the pressure of having to decide. What to buy, which program to use, how much to spend- big decisions. Joel and I are going to the CHAP convention this weekend. It is very helpful for me to get my hands on the books and look at them before purchasing, and they usually have some neat seminars too. But what I love most is having two days alone with Joel! I can't wait!
Nate is almost done with his formal studies this year, Jeremiah finished a few weeks ago, although we are still reviewing phonics and doing some "school" each day, just to keep it fresh in his mind, but we are all looking foward to the summertime. We have a few read-aloud books that we never got to this winter that I would like to read to the boys this summer, and a butterfly garden to do and some science. Summer is just an easier time for this.

I have also been in the process of switching over all the winter-summer clothing for all the kids, a big big job. the older boys only have one drawer each, plus a shared drawer for socks etc, so I really have to be consise with all the clothing. It requires many trips from the basement "closet" to the bedrooms, lots of sorting and reorganizing, not real enjoyable, but an important taks. I did get three dresses made for Rachael, they turned out really cute, and she loves them. So much cheaper than buying play dresses for her. And I enjoy sewing, it is fun to see Rachael wearing something I made.

My request to upload a cute picture has been denied. ahhghhhh! technology! So perhaps another day I will be able to put up the picture of the kids I wanted to. It was a cute one of all the kids in their Sunday clothes, ready for church.

Well, I need to go. I need to make some biscuits. I use these to bribe the kids into eating the entire bowl of beef stew. No empty bowl-no yummy biscuits! It works for us!

2 comments:

staceyhoff said...

Wow, D.! Sounds like you had a great day!! We too have been contemplating purchasing a swingset. Maybe we will check out BJ's. I'm glad that your days of being able to sit down while the kiddos are outside has begun!
I look forward to that day coming again for me ;) We were over at the Shillington park today ( by the pool) and the pond there is chock full of little baby tadpoles again! So now is the time, if your interested in 'raising' some with the kids- they eat lettuce bits or we have even used goldfish food. They turn into adorable, tiny froggies that hop all over.

Denae said...

What a happy time of the year Spring is. We are enjoying a nice long Spring here with a few days that have been hot, but mostly it's just beautiful! I hope the kids are enjoying the swing set. I remember we used to love ours! I know it stinks not being able to upload pics of the kids I so look forward to seeing them on your blog, but even more so in person. Enjoy the nice weather!