Thursday, December 10, 2009

Science!


Nate has been studying the moon the last few weeks in Science class. How great for all of us that we have our very own expert science teacher available, as well as cool gadgets from his classroom. Joel loves to bring home things and I'll bet our little students here at home are far more excited about them than the big students he teaches all day. Asher was dancing and spinning in circles yellilng "moo! moo! moo!" as he watched the model of the sun, moon, and earth spin around. The others were a bit more subdued!
So we all learned about solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, tides, seasons, and the orbit of the moon. I love learning this stuff. Somehow I managed to graduate in the top 20 percent of my class without EVER having any earth science??
During the recent full moon, Joel took Nate outside to identify all the geographical features you can see with binoculars. He also brought home this big globe of the moon for us to use as well as some worksheets.
Thanks Joel! You're our most favorite science guy ever! (and the cutest !)

2 comments:

Denae said...

thats great! Earth Science was my favorite class ever! I was able to graduate with out taking phsysics, or chemistry for that matter oh b/c of mr. Stauls Bio/ Chem class that rocked also.

Denae said...

You forgot to put the new couch in the pic!