Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fun Spring Things

Elijah the Builder
The whole "can-do" crew at the entrance to the Bob the Builder exhibit at our local museum

They all had a fun time, especially the little ones.


A fun trip to the zoo with Mom-mom and Pop-pop who enthusiastically took eight children to the zoo while Joel and I were away for the day at the Home school conference.
The children were treated to two fun field trips the last few weeks. I was happy to secure the library pass to our local museum just in time. I had been on the waiting list for a while and was sure we would miss the exhibit, but I think my friendly librarian pulled a few strings for me! Yay. We only had to pay for one child since the pass is good for 2 adults and 4 children. We are finding this often. Our family is too large for most "family passes" and I have to pay for at least one or two of them in addition. My mom came with me and the kids to the museum. We had a nice time playing in the Bob the Builder area. Nate and Jeremiah were probably more anxious to see the shrunken head, the mummy and the armor though. It made me a bit sad, they were such fanatics about Bob when they were little. One of the museum educators was kind enough to stay after the school groups passed through and give us a personal lecture about the knights and the mummy. Very fun, very educational too. After being in the museum for a few hours we went outside to enjoy the picnic lunch I packed and the pretty park around the museum.
We have family passes to one of the more local Zoos. While Joel and I were at the Home school Convention my parents took my children, and two of my nieces to the zoo for the day. They had a wonderful time together. I am so glad my van can accommodate these big field trips! Joel and I hope to use the passes a few times this summer to visit some other local zoos. The kids really enjoy it.
We are just about finished school!!!! A very few loose ends to wrap up and we are done. I am so glad about this. Baby boy will be arriving soon! It is really starting to feel close. I am pretty ready to be done, especially with the over 90 degree weather we have been enjoying lately! My poor feet have morphed into balloons. I can barely tie my sneakers for my walks in the morning. My flip flops leave huge indentations. The joy of summer babies! The last NST went well again, although it took a long time since the heart beat is so hard to keep. I really don't mind laying in bed in the AC and drinking a water or whatever else I request from the nurse! It's like my little vacation in the middle of a busy week. But don't tell anyone that! :) Oh well, only two more weeks most likely until all the testing is done, and we get to meet our newest little bundle of boy! I am getting excited!




2 comments:

Denae said...

I love lili's bob the builder outfit. I cant wait to be there with you all!

Denae said...

hopefully you took some parade pics????