Thursday, July 29, 2010

This week...

...I weighed our little chunk of love on my friend Susanna's (see post below) baby scale. He weighed in at a wopping 10 pounds 13 ounces!! Most of our other children did not weigh this until about three months (some even later). Luke is becoming much more content and we are working hard at his schedule, and he is doing well with that also. Luke will be six weeks old already tomorrow. How time flies
...we are picking lots of produce from our garden. The children are the ones who pick the produce and water the garden each day. Last night we enjoyed zuchinni, peppers, onions and tomatoes sauteed together on top of spaghetti! YUM. Jeremiah was happy to discover this giant cucumber hiding in the leaves this morning. How fitting. I wonder if there are other initials out there?

...Rachael learned to ride a bike without training wheels yesterday. Joel took off the wheels, and by day's end she was zooming up and down the side walk.


...Benny learned this new skill yesterday also. Joel was suprised that neither Rachael, nor Benny needed his help to steady them, and they learned all by themselves. Now they are off and riding along with Nate and Jeremiah.
...Nathanael lost a tooth the other day. It has been a busy week for tooth-losing here at our home.
...Rachael enjoyed a day at school with Daddy, and a lunch date with him after classes were finished on Tuesday morning.
...Joel cut all the boys hair (in the barber shop in our driveway)and his own Monday, so now I can hardly tell Benny, Elijah and Asher apart. They all look so much alike. Tanned, with bald blonde heads! We save a small fortune cutting all the boys hair here at home.
...I am enjoying playing with the text color button on the blog!! Hope you have enjoyed this colorful update!




3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a wonderful week!! God is so good! Love the love and gratefulness you have for all that God has given you! xoxo

Julie said...

I loved reading your post in color - it just looks 'happy' :) And I peeked at your friend's blog too. How sad I am for their little baby and how scary that would be as parents! They are now on my heart and I will be praying for them.

Bonnie said...

Exciting week of growth at your house! We had a cucumber "C" a week or so ago.