Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Baby Girl's Birthday

HAPPY EIGHTH BIRTHDAY RACHAEL SIMONE!
We celebrated Rachael's eighth birthday on Monday. Joel's parents came up for dinner and cake. Summer birthdays are so nice, they can be held outside! In the morning, before her party, Rachael enjoyed her birthday breakfast out with Mommom and Poppop down the block and Ashlyn. They went to IHOP and had a great time. The girls planned ahead to wear their matching brown dresses. I like the neat relationship these two little cousins have together. I am glad Rachael has some girl cousins to play with and grow up with.


Rachael's yummy Butterfinger, caramel ice-cream cake (with Little Petshop creatures on top). It melted pretty fast, with the heat and my inability to light the candles. It was pretty breezy Monday evening and I could not get the candles to stay lit for long! But did I already say that it was so yummy?

It is hard to believe that our Baby-girl (a nick name Rachael is likely to keep for a long time) turned eight on Monday. She is a real joy to this family, our little spot of pink in the midst of all the boys. She is loved so much by her family. And she returns the love in her sweet, very quiet (usually), silly way.
Growing up with all brothers has created a neat personality in our daughter. Feminine to the core, she loves to play with her dolls. She received two new doll dresses for her birthday. She also received a beautiful pink, frilly dress which she loves. But, Rachael also plays Star-Wars Monopoly at least once a week, climbs trees (in her dress, she NEVER wears pants), and helps make forts. She likes to help in the kitchen and in the garden. She likes taking care of her little brothers. She enjoys riding her scooter and bike. She loves to read and draw. Rachael loves to spend time with her grandparents, and with her cousin, Ashlyn. She is blessed to be able to do that weekly.
I am so thankful for my little girl. I am excited to watch her grow and learn more and more about Jesus. We are thankful to God for you, Rachael! Happy Birthday sweetheart!




4 comments:

All 8 of Us said...

Danielle,
I just checked your blog late last night but was too lazy to leave a comment to congratulate you on the birth of your precious son....then today I saw your comment on my blog...thanks so much for taking the time to write. You have a beautiful growing family!! I enjoy reading your posts and rejoice in God's goodness to give you a new little one to love!
Blessings,
Kathi

Denae said...

Happy birthday Rachael! Those are beautiful pictures of her Dani. I can't believe she is 8 already. Kayiah got to talk to her on the phone when she was at mommoms house. That cake looks really good. I love icecream cake!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Rachael! You look so beautiful and grown up!

Shannon said...

Happy birthday Rachael. We sure do love you. Ashlyn had a wonderful time with you. Love Aunt Shannon, Uncle CB, and some of your cousies