Today is my homeschool planning day. Joel took all the children to visit his parents for the day (even Luke), so I am home and quite busy trying to figure out how to get school done for four full time students, one preschooler and all the other tasks that a mother must do each day. It is going suprisingly well. I was very anxious about school starting up and feeling pretty overwhelmed with the scheduling task ahead of me, and more daunting, getting that schedule off of the paper and functioning in my every day life.
I am listening to a favorite CD, Together for the Gospel, Live. I love hymns (and these ones are as they were written, not rearranged :) ) and I LOVE the male voice. I have a strong preference for the deep, strong, male voice, it can provoke me to worship and bring me to tears very easily. I would love to attend some of these conferences for men, just so I can sit and listen to them all sing!
So as I was listening and planning the school year, and singing along, God moved my heart from dread to an excitement for the upcoming year.
He gave me a vision of all my little men, grown, with deep voices of their own, filling up the whole row at church and worshipping our Savior! I think I know why I prefer men singing, I am going to be surrounded soon by my own choir of big strong, Men of God (and one beautiful little lady in the midst of all her brothers!)
That's why we homeschool. Joel and I want to do what we can to see our little men grow up to be big men in love with Jesus! Sometimes it is hard to lift my eyes up off the diapers and feeding schedule and phonics and speed drills and see the glorious future, that by God's grace will be mine. Thank you God, for this glimpse and the vision that we are aiming for.
Rise Up, O Men of God
William P. Merrill
Rise up, O men of God! Have done with lesser things;
Give heart and soul and mind and strength To serve the King of kings.
Rise up, O men of God! The kingdom tarries long;
Bring in the day of brotherhood And end the night of wrong.
Rise up, O men of God! The church for you doth wait,
Her strength unequal to her task; Rise up and make her great.
Lift high the cross of Christ, Tread where His feet have trod;
As brothers of the Son of man, Rise up, O men of God!!
Amen.
7 comments:
Thanks for sharing this story. I loved reading about God meeting you today and casting your vision for your sweet kiddos...it encouraged my heart too. I've been slowly planning as I have been recouping. I love how God is so quick to come along side of us and and lavish us with kindness and comfort. We have a great God don't we. I can't wait to hear the Maddie choir either :). Love ya
I love this post Danielle :) So grateful you have a planning day and that in the quietness, you hear the Lord's encouragement and get that refocusing. how wonderful these times are! Thanks so much for sharing.
Simply beautiful, Danielle! (But honestly I'd like for it to be a boys choir for just a little longer!)
Great story Dani, worship music all gets the best of me and it seems more often than not it is thru song that God speaks to me our style of worship songs we love may differ but Im sure the result in our heart is the same : ) I too am pre- occupied with thoughts of home schooling and I only have 1 kindergartner but it's my 1st year and I have never tried to really organize it before.
Thanks Danielle - this post brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for casting that vision it was very encouraging:)
Thanks so much for this last post.... I loved how you said God moved your heart from dread to excitement! You are an awesome mother and an inspiration.
Great post Danielle. I love how the Lord gives us just what we need at just the right time. It reminds me of one of my favorite 'homeschool mom verses'
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
Each year as I have added another student (now all 6 are school age), somehow the Lord works out all the kinks...though there are plenty of bumps in the road, we make it through :) And He will see you through the schooling, diapers, feeding schedule etc etc...
Thanks for sharing your heart!!
Love,
kathi
Post a Comment