Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blue and Gold 2011

Not the best picture of any of us, after a very long Sunday, but I wanted to include this one of Joel and I and our three growing scouts. My parents and Joel's parents came along to the ceremony and to the banquet afterwards. I felt bad that the menu was so kid-friendly (chicken nuggets), but I am glad that our parents were there to watch the bigger two boys "cross over" to the Boy Scout troop.
Nathanael and Jeremiah have graduated from the Cub-Scout program. They both achieved the Order of the Arrow, Cub-Scout's highest award. They both traded in their CS neckerchief for the red of the Boy-Scouts. Hard to believe this has happened so fast. Now they will go from being fully decorated to wearing a very plain tan shirt, until they start earning badges and emblems in BSA.
Benjamin and the boys in his den became Wolf Scouts on that Sunday. Benny and Daddy have had a lot of fun this past year in Tiger Cubs, and are looking forward to learning more things. It is extra fun that Benny's best friend is in his den. We sure enjoy spending more time with this family too.

1 comment:

Denae said...

way to go boys we are so proud of you!