Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jeremiah Daniel is Eight

Yesterday, my Jeremiah turned eight years old! I can hardly believe that this little boy is getting so big. What a blessing he is to me. How I adore that crazy grin. Our family would not be complete without this boy in it. He is energetic, loving, sillly, creative, boisterous, loyal, helpful and adorable!
We had a low-key family celebration. Joel brought pizza (Jeremiah's favorite) home from work, I made a yummy chocolate cake, with peanut butter icing that I just clunked up in my brain (that is a Jeremiah saying for inventing something) and it turned out yummy! And then Jerem got to have fun with Meggie-Soup for a few hours while Joel and I went to caregroup. And she remembered the voice changer! I am sure my neighbors appreciated that all evening long! Thanks Meggie! Jeremiah has stretched me as a mom, not because he is so disobedient or anything, just that he is ALL boy, and a busy, active boy at that. He doesn't follow the mold for school work either, and I think in the end, I will be a much better, more compassionate, and patient teacher and mommy. We are learning together, and it is a joy. I love to see the way he expands on what we learn. For instance this week he made the Pinta and Santa Maria out of egg cartons, straws, thread (for rigging) and very realistic looking sails. He also made a space ship and a robot out of boxes that really are cool looking and so creative. Jeremiah is never idle for long. I love homeschooling him, and giving him the freedom to create and be who God made him.
Jeremiah loves to play outside. He got a new skateboard from Mom-mom and Pop-pop M. and he already took it for a ride down the sliding board! He is daring and brave (and a lot bit silly). This is a picture during circle time. We are done learning "Only Jesus" and are now working on "God Bless America" (what they are singing above) and "How Great Thou Art". Even Eli and Asher enjoy this. Eli runs to sit down and says "I do gool, I do gool?!" I have to smile when I hear all my kids singing and worshipping God. It is fun to have a bunch of kids in circle time, a blessing of a large family that I didn't know about before. They can drown out my off-key voice!
(notice Asher's mini-mama caring for him- this baby is never alone for long!"
It isn't all fun, just ask Joel what I look like at five when he gets home! But I do cherish the time I have with my little blessings and know that it all goes by so fast....
I am so blessed that I can devote my life to teaching, loving and enjoying the family God gave to me. He is so good.

6 comments:

Denae said...

Kayiah saw the picture and said oh its Jeremiah, happy birthday to you! He's 8 and I said what how do you know that? She saw the candle on his cake. see number 8? We love you Jerem, you remind me of the boy version of my Kayiah I think it is soo neat how God made you so creative! What neat gifts you have for building and constructing things! What an awesome imagination our God has given you. You know since we are made in God's likeness I think thats the part of Him that he gave you, His creativity and imagination. We love you Jerem, but you guys need to stop getting so big, it makes me sad!

Anonymous said...

OH Jeremiah! Happy 8th Birthday! Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing ...mmmmmm....is Mr. Valentine's absolute favorite cake!

And Danielle, I loved hearing about your worship time. I was just talking to someone last night at care group about what a blessing that's been to our homeschool time. God has allowed me to enter into genuine worship here at home with the kids (much easier than on Sunday morning) - what a blessing that time is for us! Glad to hear how you're enjoying it too! So exciting!

Oh, and I love Rachel's outfit. So pretty! I'm going to have to ask you how you make dresses!

Bonnie said...

YUMMM! I gotta say chocolate cake with peanut butter icing-Excellent choice Jeremiah! Happy 8th Birthday to you as well. I remember like it was yesterday, when you and Danny had a Bob the Builder birthday party together when you both turned 3!

I love the school picture Danielle. They do all look like they are rejoicing in their day. You are doing a wonderful job honoring God in your home and teaching your children His ways. It will be exciting to see the day when they all rise up and call you blessed!

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday to you Jeremiah! Dani, I too am enjoying getting to spend my days with my little cherubs..it does go by so fast as we are quickly learning!

I love the circle time idea...that may have to be adapted in a little bit for us...I agree that worship time with the girls and Damien is such a neat thing to do as a family...we sometimes do that for our family nights....

Love that last pic..priceless:)

staceyhoff said...

happy birthday jeremiah! homeschool sounds fun at your house :) I had to laugh out loud(er,LOL ;) at riding the skateboard down the slide, that's something my own Josh has done! :)

cb4swife said...

I thought I commented on this...I am glad I checked! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMIAH!!!! You do such a great job Dani looking past your own temptations to all the great things God is doing! That is not always easy to do. I love how creative Jeremiah is...You'll have to shre some pics of his creations sometime. I'm a little jealous coz I am going to have hold on to your circle time idea for the future...it would be kinda silly for me and Ashy :)But soon enough I'll have quite a classroom full of litlle kiddos! Love ya!