Asher is so happy that he can finally sit up! Now he wants to play and is more easily entertained..He would love to have a play date with his little southern belle cousin.
Lots of slobber, but no toothers yet. I am not in such a hurry for my little guy to grow up. Sleep more? yes. get way too big? No. Please slow down a bit little Asher!
Asher likes to boogie! Doesn't it look like he is dancing?? This picture cracks me up. He also does what we call the wiggle dance when we lay him on our bed. He wiggles around kind of like Elvis. Joel and I just stand there and laugh at him. Who needs TV when you have kids? (Ok maybe a tv is nice sometimes when you have kids. It keeps the quiet for ten minutes)
A very common pose for Asher, well I guess all babies who are six months old. This age can be such fun. It is like they are developing their own little personality. We aren't sure what Asher's is. We call him The Celebrity. He loves all the attention he continually gets from his adoring fans. He cannot come in to a room without a crownd of faces surrounding him, wanting to hug him and play with him. No wonder he protests when I put him in his bed, alone! I think he is even starting to wave, maybe it is a coincidence, but he raises his arm when the kids say Bye-Bye to him.
I took this shot of my three youngest boys tonight after dinner. Doesn't Eli look so big? He looks an awful lot like me when I was his age. I know my mom has pictures of me smiling just like that. It is such fun to see who the kids look like at different ages.The good things this week:
1. We are loving doing circle time. I have wanted to do this for a few years and never did. We are all learning Only Jesus, by heart. Reading a Psalm a day, praying together. Elijah loves this and even Asher is usually on my lap for this time together.
2. The kids are excited to learn about Vikings.. they are glad there are some cool, bloody pictures in the book. they warned me that they are violent, but that is just how the Vikings lived. Now they tell me. My kids have quite a bit of Norwegian blood in them from Joel!
3. Umm, I made an apple pie. Rachael made homemade macaroni and cheese all by herself. I read the recipe steps out loud and she did the rest! She was sooo proud when Daddy came home and raved over it. I have a neat little cook book called, Mother's Little Helper that I am working with her (and the boys too) in.
4. Joel and I took two weeks to watch the John Adams movie. It was wonderful. I loved it, and I usually don't have patience for long movies. But I highly recommend this one.
The challenges:
1-10 School!
4 comments:
Milenah just had a virtual play date with asher go check it out! he looks so cute sitting up and I didnt even think that was elijah at 1st glance I thought it was benny and Jerem, i know Jerem is a lot bigger but then i looked again wow he is looking like a big boy already.
WOw! I can't believe that is Eli!! I looked and looked at it to figure out who it was before I read the caption. He looks way too big! Asher is a cutie! Those cheeks are just begging to be kissed!
I can't believe Rachael is cooking. Pretty soon school should get easier for you- 'cause that's all you'll have to do with all of your eager helpers taking over the household duties! Maybe you should just get Nate to teach school and you and I can go out for lunch. ;o)
Seriously though, Danielle, you are an inspiration to me with all that you do and with how much you love your crew! You keep busy in your home and it is bearing much fruit in the lives of your children.
I actually thought that picture of Benny and Elijah with Asher was Nate and Jeremiah at first glance. They are all getting so big!
Me too...it took me a few seconds to recognize Elijah...It was neat to see a pic of the younger boys! Benny is getting so big. It can get crowded in my kitchen with 3 girlies all wanting to cook...although Evie pretty much stays at the play kitchen for now...Oh yeah I love the pic of Asher that looks like he is dancing...love ya!
Post a Comment