Monday, September 1, 2008

Do I Hafta???

Start school tomorrow????
Can't summer last a bit longer??
I feel like one of the kids, not really wanting to give up the freedom in summer time to relax a bit and do a little bit more of nothing.

But the mornings are defidently darker now. It is still quite dark when I leave for my walk at six. A big change from a month ago. And the night air is chilly and noisy, a back to school feeling I remember from childhood is here.

The books are bought, and organized. Pencils are sharpened. My lesson plan book has one day planned in it ( I don't plan too far ahead, the day never goes as I plan anyway).

Benjamin is very excited to begin Preschool. He has a few adorable little books to work in.
Rachael is happy. She likes school for the most part.
Jeremiah is already asking what he HAS to do for school. Does he hafta do a pre-test??
Nate is neither happy or sad. He takes it as a fact of life. I think he would like to be done with speed drills, but that isn't a fact for him this year. We have lots of them to do!

We had one last picnic with our neighbors tonight. The kids swam and us grown people chatted and passed Asher around and around.

I am sure I will have a few pictures to post of all my little scholars. Hopefully they, as well as their loving teacher will be full of smiles tomorrow!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

4 comments:

Denae said...

all the neighbor kids went back to school today. Kayiah asked to sunday school? I had to laugh. Back to school here isnt the same as there is no fall in the air no chill at night we haven't dared to turn off the ac even at night yet hahaha. We'll get there in November. I always remember being excited for that first day of school.

Megan said...

I don't know how you do it. I'll be thinking of you & praying all goes smoothly - if not as you planned it, but as God planned. :) We need to plan to get together SOON before Asher is starting school!!!

Love ya,
Megan

Bonnie said...

4 students! Wow your little school has really grown! Soon you'll need to hire a teacher's aid!

Have lots of fun. I'll be praying for you and the kiddos today-and through this first week.

cb4swife said...

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL..it was nice and hot and humid for you...where is all the pretty weather we had last week? Love ya and I am glad you are feeling better...you can't get a subsitute if you are sick :)