Friday, December 19, 2008

Decorating with Elijah Stewart...

Tip one: wrapping paper tubes make lovely gifts in and of themselves. This one is my megaphone, one can easily be a light saber for the older crowd, and babies love to unroll it. Make sure to get the cheap stuff, it leaves red on your face!
Tip two: The wisemen, Joseph and Mary are slain in the spirit. All the other animals, and figures can be used to decorate other rooms, like the bathroom and under your bed. The possibilities are really endless. It is important to spread the holiday pieces all over your home for a continuation on the theme.


Tip three: Little people. All homes should have an area set aside to highlight these collector's pieces. I like to display mine right under the tree so that the lights really shine on the plastic and make it glimmer :)
Tip four: Have fun decorating, and redecorating and finally just putting the decorations up. Remember that this is the fun of decorating with little ones like me, and my baby brother, I think he is going to follow in my footsteps and go into home decor too!
That's as high as I can count so I will leave you with those tips to get you started.
Love, Eli
(thank you Eli for those tips. And I really think you did a lovely job. Mommy loves to see you six playing with the nativity set. Hands on Christmas learning here. See you next month for the next edition..".Decorating with snow mittens and boots, an eclectic style.")

3 comments:

cb4swife said...

Very cute! Evelyn can add to that by saying that it is fun to use Christmas ornaments as accessories to any outfit. She likes to wear the ornaments you made CB and I on our first Christmas as bracelets (do you remember them?)I am so excited you went to the Franklin Institute too...I have to ask...was it ahrd with the double stroller. We went with Evelyn as a little boo and just had the single stroller and we quickly realizzed the building was not built for strollers :) any way...glad you had a fun time and that you are all feeling better! Love ya...Shannon

Denae said...

this was cute. Thankfully Kayiah is just a few months older and she has moved to the no no baby mena stage and the mommy baby mena is eating the christmas tree rug one. We have been making all sorts of homemade christmas decorations. Today a construction paper tree with fruity cheerios stickers and some glitter glue. We love Christmas time.

Anonymous said...

Danielle - this was so cute to read! :) I love how Mary and Joseph are slain in the spirit... and how Elijah loves to make sure Nativity figures are at the center of attention in every room. I loved reading this because I could hear how you are delighting in his age. :)