Friday, December 12, 2008

If you can't beat them......

This one is for Aunt Nae Nae. See how big I am getting too?! It is kind of sad. I can crawl all over now, love to eat things I find on the floor, including but not limited to, thumb tacks, lego peices, foil candy wrappers (hey mommy has been sick, so there is more things than usual on the floor) and crayon wrappers. I still just have two teeth, but have been fussy about cutting more for the last month. I still love to snuggle with mommy at night several times a week and get up with the alarm in the morning. But I am sweet and cuddly and sooo cute that they love me to peices any way! I am hoping for a play date with Milenah soon. I will share my fruit snack puffs with her, they are my favorite thing!!
Our neighborhood is one that has a fond affection for blow up lawn ornaments. Halloween will find many witches, goblins, jack o laterns etc. Christmas, well this little neighborhood is over-run with Santa's of every sort, too many grinches, toy soldiers, snow families galore, You get the idea. Not too many white candles and pretty wreaths going on here. Sooo...
If you can't beat them, join them!!!!
Joel suprised the kids with this nativity set this year. You should have heard all the excited screaming and jumping for joy. They love to be the one to plug it in at dusk. We like that it reflects the true reason for celebrating Christmas. And we fit right in here!!! It is fun, the kids love it, and we hope it is a quiet testimony to our neighbors and shows that this is one holiday that "the crazy family with all those kids", celebrates!
Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danielle, when I saw the title for this post on my reader I said, "OH NO" out loud thinking Joel had gotten sick. How grateful I was to read it was about a blow up nativity! that's fun though! Our neighborhood has a lot of those too. ~ And boy does Asher look like you in that photo. What a cutie... did he really eat a thumb tack?? Hope you're all feeling better!

Denae said...

We love it the kids must have been sooo excited. Milenah is right there with you Asher, she is almost crawling but her jammies cant grip the pergo floors she uses her hands and slides her legs along she too loves tasty morsels ours seem to be of the outside variety crunchy leaves and sticks as well as many handfulls of sand at the beach when we took them for pictures. She has 4 teeth and is cutting 2 ughhh.

Linda said...

That's very fun. We love looking at Christmas decorations but don't do much of our own. Xavier has this desire to keep the house plain on the outside but when people walk in the door, "they'll say 'WOAH!!!' because it will look like Christmas Village inside!" That hasn't happened to his dismay. But he has a small tree in his room that he's proud of :)