for lots of sickness. Fa la la la la cough cough cough cough!
Our little Boo has been battling a cold of some sort for the last two weeks, we had him to the pediatrician today and he has a pretty good ear infection. Poor thing. He hasn't been sleeping well (even for Asher), but he tries so hard to be happy. He did learn to crawl last week! Already.
Eli has been battling the same cold for almost as long, today he was diagnosed with a severe respiratory infection and put on the nebulizer, steroids, antibiotics, the whole nine yards. He sounds terrible. I am hoping the home treatment stuff works and we avoid another stay at the lovely pediatric ward. The pediatrician said that is our next step.
Rachael and Ben are sniffly, coughing and running fevers off and on. Nate has already recovered and Jeremiah is fighting it. He had a fever yesterday, but seems ok today.
I have had a high fever and a terrible ache-y feeling since Friday night. I guess I have the flu. It is so hard to be the mom and be sick. To feel so lousy and have to care for and comfort sick children too. So far Joel has remained well. What a blessing he has been. Once again, he has had to spend his entire vacation from school caring for a sick family. We do have this uncanny ability to get sick everytime Joel has a day off! It is kind of expected now.
All that said, we did have a nice Thanksgiving. We traveled to Joel's parents. Asher was the only one who seemed yucky and since we are the only ones with babies anymore we decided to go. We had a nice time visiting and got to stay over night too. Asher did not do a good job at night, up from 1-5 am, but Joel's parents say that they did not hear him. The kids had fun playing with their many cousins (there are twenty one grandkids) and Asher had much attention from all his neices lining up to hold him.
I couldn't help but to thank God for my warm home and tylenol and to remember the pilgrims and all the sickness they experienced with out such comforts. God is so good to us. All the time. Thank you Jesus, for the many comforts that we can often take for granted. Thank you for your loving kindness.
4 comments:
I was wondering how you all were when I didn't see you at church. Sorry to hear you are all sick but glad you were able to enjoy Thanksgiving. I'll be praying for you.
Awe Dani--I'm praying for you. Is there anything you need?
We have been praying for you. The girlies have been very concerned about Aunt Dani and the cousins...we love you...Hopefully you are all getting it out of your systems now and you will have a sick-free rest of the winter :) Love ya...Shannon
So sorry to hear that you are all so sick:( Praying for you as you care for your kiddos...and that you are all on the mend soon:)
Post a Comment