Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 28, 1997

Joel and I celebrated our THIRTEENTH anniversary yesterday! How have we been married that long already? It is pretty exciting to be entering the 'teen years together. It brings me such joy to see our wedding pictures and remember all the good things God has done with both of us since that day. He has proved faithful and true each and every year.
These pictures are photos of pictures since we married before the digital days, and I have no idea how to use the scanner that is with my printer :)

Happy Anniversary Joel.
I did then, I still do, and I will always.
Love you.
We had a great Anniversary, even though we both had low expectations this year. We got the older kiddies settled in to bed, not as early as we wanted, and Joel and I ate chinese take-out by candlelight, taking turns holding Luke, who has his fussy time from about eight to ten each night. He was happy as long as he was held. Lukie just wanted to be part of our anniversary celebration. :) We had a great time talking about our marriage, what God has done, fun memories from the past. We didn't head up stairs for bed until much later than we should have.
Thirteen years of Blessing:
1997-our wedding, honeymoon trip to Virginia Beach and Annapolis, MD. The adventure begins
1998-we move to our first home and get our puppy dog, Millie
1999-we welcome with great joy our first born, Nathanael on a cold, dark night.
2000- we welcome Jeremiah on a gorgeous early Sunday morning
2001-we move to our current home and start a church plant with my brother.
2002- we welcome our daughter on a 104 degree muggy summer day
2003- hmmm enjoying life with three sweet children. Making a few extended stays at ECH for Rachael
2004- Benjamin joins our family in January it was 14 degrees that day.
2005- Another blessed addition, Elijah joins our growing crew in November.
2006- No new babies this year :) Joel and I celebrate our 9th ann. with a trip away. We went back and visited all the places we used to love while dating and first marrried.
2007- A great anniversary trip to Niagara Falls to celebrate 10 years together.
2008- Asher comes to us on Valentine's Day. He has been full of love and bringing joy to us all ever since.
2009- A long year of health issues for our Asher, but a good year of God showing his faithfulness and provision
2010- So far a great year. We welcome our seventh little blessing, Luke.



2 comments:

Denae said...

Happy Anni guys! I thought about you yesterday. I hope you are doing well. I have no daytime minutes to call you. I can't believe it has been 13 years already.

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing the pictures of those two young kids on their wedding day ;) (Keith and I were just commenting about how young we look in OUR photos - almost 10 yrs for us.) ~ And I also loved the yearly highlights since. So glad you got a special evening together!