Tuesday, June 8, 2010

'Tis the Season

For making strawberry jam!
A very yummy dessert. Asher called it "sawbay cupcake" We all called it yummy!


On Monday the kids and I went strawberry picking. We picked 27 pounds. They were such a big help to me, I could not do that alone right now. Rachael and Nate were excellent pickers, and Nate filled a gallon container himself. Jeremiah helped for a time, and then he kept Asher and Eli busy taking walks up and down the little farm lane. The high light for most of the boys was the ride out to the field on a John Deere Gator. All of us had red stained hands, but Asher had an entire red stained body. He kept saying "I pick sawbays! I eat them!" Thankfully, it washed out in the laundry today!
Once we were home, and the little ones were resting we set to work washing and hulling, sorting and chopping all the berries. It only took half an hour with the four of us working hard to get it done. I was amazed at what quick workers the kids were that afternoon. It would have taken me at least 2 hours alone to do that. So then I had time to make pound cake and the freezer jam along with our dinner. I had intentions of later making "real jam" as the kids call it, but I am exhausted so I just packed about six or seven gallon bags full of berries to freeze to make jam later in the summer.
God has blessed us with cooler, wonderful weather this week. It is a joy to be outside, and my swollen feet are happier. I have a very busy week yet ahead, but it is so much easier to work in this nice weather, I wish it would stay all summer long.
Only one more week until we get to meet our baby. Most likely our baby will be arriving early next week. I will know for sure at my appointment Thursday. It is feeling like it is time. I am getting nervous, and excited, and happy and scared, and curious all at the same time. Please keep me and baby boy in your prayers.


1 comment:

Denae said...

So cute all of them I cant wait to give them all a kiss or maybe a hug if they have sawbay all over their faces.