Luke has some jaundice. In addition to the billi-blanket we have been putting him in the sunlight. I love his little "batman" goggles to protect his eyes!
Our oldest son holding our youngest son. Nate is eleven and growing so big. It is wonderful to see the other children love, and care for their little brothers. Luke is going to be one loved little baby.
Getting to know each other. I love how soft baby skin is. And hair. You forget how silky and delicious babies are. I love the early day snuggles.
Luke is now almost five days old. We are enjoying all his newness as much as we can. It has been so quiet here at home. Joel is at school each day, and the bigger kids are still at my parents' home (a huge blessing and help to me, although I miss them alot). It is just Luke and I getting to know each other.
Luke still has not breastfed. It has been a long several days of trying to feed him, supplementing him, pumping. Over and over again. We are hopeful that Luke will wake up and learn to do it. They believe that although Luke was a very big baby, he was earlier than 39 weeks. He acts much like a 37 weeker, in appearance and attitude. So we will have to work hard to get him to eat well. I am believing that God's ways are perfect and this is His good and perfect plan for Luke and I right now. Please pray that Luke would eat well for us soon.
Now back to my feeding routine!
Thank you for all the excited replies. How wonderful for a little baby to be welcomed with such joy by family and friends.
8 comments:
praying for you guys dani. I do love tiny newborns when all they can do is just snuggle and be loved. I know that the first month or so is really hard. They are so tiny and it makes you worry over the littlest things I remember actually praying to God that M would poop b/c it had been a long time for a newborn and I was getting worried well God answered my prayers and she hasnt stopped since lol, so Luke will be ok just hang in there I know you must feel like a milk machine at this point. I love you call me later if you wnat I have free minutes at 9 but dont ever want to disrupt you.
YAY! Rejoicing with you and your family over this new blessing! And praying for you, that you would all adjust well and that Luke would eat and grow well for you! xoxo
Yeah for more pictures!! What a cutie! and I will be praying for you all!
Thank you for your posts and updates. I have been praying for you. I am sure you aren't the type to give up on trying to breastfeed. I know how frustrating it was for me and I gave up too quickly. God is blessing you and your whole family. Love You. Carol
Congratulations on your beautiful baby Luke! He looks so sweet! The pics are great of your new & improved family! :). I will be praying for you this week esp. as you adjust to having a newborn in your home again! I'm so happy for you guys - God has truly blessed your family!
Love, Megan
Congratulations - truly! We are rejoicing with you over Luke's arrival. I continue to marvel at God's grace in your family and your consistent joy over each of your children. Every good and perfect gift comes from above...
Blessings,
Bryan, Cherylee, and the boys
Praying for you and Luke...What a sweet blessing to have that sweet time with him...Love you friend
Keeping you in prayer, Danielle!
What a wonderful time you have alone with your tiny one. I love those first days that race past so ridiculously fast. I'm so glad you are blessed to have alone time with him. I'll be keeping you in prayer for all the things you mentioned and also for your family as a whole.
oh, love the picture of you :)
Post a Comment