Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dishpan Hands



Dishpan hands, dishpan feet, and dishpan belly. That's what you get when your mommy bathes you in the dishpan. Luke doens't seem to mind, but now that he is getting so big, I need to mop up the floor afterwards because he splashes so much.

Luke was seven months old on the 18th. How fast time is flying with our Little Light. Some fun things we are loving about Luke right now...

1. His happy growling noise. Think sputtering truck. He does this loudly when he is happy about something.

2. What is Luke happy about? Chewing on slippers, finding the houseplant, Daddy coming home, Rachael rescuing him from the exersaucer, baths, and lots of brothers.

3. Luke can crawl very fast commando style. But now he is starting to get on hands and knees and try that out. We have entered the age of hyper vigilance about the basement door, legos on the floor, and scraps of paper that he might find and chew on.

4. Luke only loves banana. He will not eat squash, sweet potato, or anything that does not include banana. So we have tried banana-orange medley, banana pineapple, bananas just plain, banana and berry. Interestingly enough, he will not eat regular mashed banana. He only eats the expensive ones in jars. Right now we are indulging his food rut, but it will not last long. Most of my babies have been very picky (not this picky though) but grow into preschoolers who happily eat green beans, kidney beans, spinach salads, couliflower etc.

5. Luke is still happily sucking down bottles of expressed milk. He us, however, still getting up in the middle of the night for that bottle. He is growing very well, and I am so thankful that he is able to get momma's milk any way he can. Mommy and Daddy are not real thrilled about the 3 am feedings, for a big baby, but we are having a hard time allowing him to scream it out. He shares a room with his sister, and screams loud and long and we then have seven grumpy children the next day.

6. He has acquired the nickname "Lovie" from me. He seems to like it,and he wears it well. The children tend to call him "Lukey", "Lukers" not my favorite, it sounds like lucre, and Baby Yuke. Sometimes we call him "Screamer", but it is said with love :)

2 comments:

Amy and Brian said...

You could try Bana'Cado...Grace seems to like that. (Banana and avacado...) She also likes apple'cado, but I guess Luke would need to like apple for that to be a go?javascript:void(0)

I LOVE that growling sound he makes!! I thought he was mad at me when I gave him a bath at my house until Joel said, "um, no, that is his happy sound"!!! LOL

Denae said...

the sound I made when I opened your page and saw that adorable bath pic was so funny and involantary. Gosh I wish I could see him. How cute that he has a happy growl. We love nick names here although M's "cuteness" has mostly given way to Lena and peanut, although we still us mains and mainers those too are falling by the wayside, so use the lovie all you can now : )