Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sugar! And Christmas too!

A full house of very excited children singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. He of course, was placed upon the traditional Jewish apple cake. I don't think it would be Christmas without this treat.
Cuzies and best buddies. Very sugared up on Christmas Eve thanks to the ladies at St. Luke's church. Our family loved being able to attend a candle light Christmas Eve service once again. I don't think we are allowed candles in the school we rent for our Church services. We held a joint service with another local church and it was beautiful. Only missing Milenah with a cookie covered face with her little triplet cousins. Asher, Milenah and Blair all have birthdays within 5 months. They are all two. They all love cookies.

Three of my cherubs (that might be stretching it a bit) singing in the children's choir on Christmas Eve. You can see Rachael, and Benny right below her. Eli is next to Benny, you can see the top of his head on Benny's left. It was so neat to see my little ones up there. They all did a nice job, and all looked so beautiful. Also my family filled up an entire pew! The pew wasn't the largest I have ever seen, but it was fun. That was one of my childhood dreams. To have a big enough family to fill up the whole pew.


"Mary" strolling the "baby Jesus" into the family room, er, stable to begin the annual Christmas pageant. How fun it is to have a real baby Jesus most years. We had a wonderful time of singing and fun with our family. We enjoyed the obligatory meatball sandwiches, roast beef, jello salad (with special dairy free salad made for Asher- thanks Mom), and LOTS more. This is something I think we all look forward to all year long. We sure missed my very favorite sister and her family though. It isn't quite the same, not at all.



Reading the Christmas story from the gospel of Luke. All the older children took turns reading portions. The little ones listened as patiently as they could, anticipating the Jewish apple cake, the cookies, the cheesecake, the coffee (ok-that was me looking forward to the coffee!) What a blessing it is to have a family that celebrates Christ's birth in such a wonderful way. It is sacred, and beautiful, and sentimental, and fun, and yummy all at the same time. How blessed Joel and I are.
Stay tuned for more! Most of you may grow bored of all these Christmas posts,this is mostly for Denae- sorry to get it up so late. We really ,really did miss you all :(





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your Christmas and holiday posts, and I love that your family fills a whole pew :)

Denae said...

I was totally thinking that Milenah needed to be in that shot with our little triplets : ( hopefully this Spring fingers crossed. Kayiah would have loved to sing in the choir, although she would have wanted to be up front singing and dancing maybe a solo with lots of cheers for her not baby Jesus as she is deff our little performer. : ) cant wait for more I will update too

Amy and Brian said...

I just read both posts, and thought, "Gosh, I wish the Madisons would adopt me, so I could be one of their kids and have so many fun traditions" (and I could help fill up the pew!!). Hmm, but since I am going to be 32 soon (a little old for being adopted), maybe I can learn from you and start some traditions with Brian and Gracie:O) Sounds liek you guys had a wonderful holiday!!