Trying to get Luke to stand still for a picture was a challenge. He either runs away, or wants to rush the camera, saying, "Chee" and coming towards me! I thought this one was cute, even if he is squinting . Pretty obvious that I am NOT a photographer, with the long shadows, my own shadow and the sun in all the wrong places. Oh well. The kids are cute though!
Despite the snowy start to the fall, we have been enjoying some beautiful days lately. Last week we finished up school by lunch time and we all spent the afternoon outdoors. I decided to grab the camera and capture the fun the kids were having that day. We also had my neice, Ashlyn, over for the day, so that was added fun.
Rachael, Ashlyn and most of the boys spent the afternoon playing explorer/pioneer.
Nate and Jeremiah took turns with the rake, cleaning up the front and side yards. Most of our trees did not drop yet, so they will be busy at this chore this week too.
My adorable three year old. Sitting on the swing with me. I am glad that we did not pack this away for the winter yet. I have been enjoying sitting outside looking at Christmas catalogs and giving Benny his phonics lessons. We did school outside several times this fall.
Big and little cowboys. It is so fun to see all the children playing together. They really are the best of friends and it is so wonderful that there is always someone around to play with. Games of football, we can do that. Tag, hide and go seek? No need to search out friends (although they are a welcome addition). Putting on plays? Long games of pretend? Always someone around eager to join in. A blessing of a large family.
Thank you, God for these dear ones. And for the beautiful fall colors, the pretty weather and the time I have to enjoy all of it.
1 comment:
How we miss your faces! Kayiah would love to be playing out with her cousins! Milenah and Kayiah play imaginary cousins all the time. : ( Yay for beautiful fall days
Post a Comment