Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Scary Collection

The other day Elijah came to me all excited.  "I have a collection of dead bodies!"
Ohhh??  "Yes, dead bodies in the basement!"
What exactly could he mean?  He is  only five, he can't be a sociopath already.  Does he mean a collection of dead bug bodies?  They would be easy to find around here for sure between stink bugs, and lady bugs and the occassional bee. 

It took me a few moments of racking my brain as I looked into his excited face to realize that what he meant was:

Dead Batteries!

Yes, our son goes around collecting spent batteries to add to his little collection.  I'm glad it is that, and not something more gruesome. 
Eli goes to speech class once a week, and we notice lots of improvements.  But he still drops out the middle sounds of lots of words.  Making some pretty ordinary sentences quite memorable. 

1 comment:

Amy and Brian said...

still laughing....even funnier seeing it written!! Thanks for sharing;o)