Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Baby shoes and Library trips

We recently purchased Elijah his first baby shoes! He wore them the other night and looked so big! He isn't walking yet, but I thought it is getting too chilly to be in his stocking feet outside. Here is a little poem I found about Baby shoes:
Baby Shoes
Two worn little shoes With a hole in the toe;
Why have I saved them? Well, all mothers know
There's nothing so sweet As a baby's first shoes
And the patter of footsteps Following you.
The feet they once held Have grown slender and strong;
Tonight they'll be tired from working so long
I guided his feet when he wore such as these;
Dear God, may I ask Thee, To guide them now, please.
We have enjoyed beautiful weather lately. Monday we again walked to the library. Thank You kind librarians for welcoming us, double stroller, two year old video rearranger and those who don't fully understand "library voices" And their book bag filling mother! On the way home an older lady stopped me on the street to ask if they were all mine. This is a question I get every single time I'm out, usually numerous times. This kind lady smiled and said what a blessing they are, and to enjoy them because they grow so fast (don't I know that !) and she was the mother of six. She said it is unusual to see large families anymore. I smiled the rest of the way home. What a blessed change from the shocked looks, the "God bless you" comments (He certainly has- is my favorite reply to that). I had a chance to talk to all the kids about why large families are uncommon now, and to tell them what a blessing Daddy and I think they are and how much we love the sacrifices we have had to make to have the joy of loving them! An ordinary walk home from the library? No Way! Thank You God for that lady who gave me oppurtunity to teach the kids as "we walk on the way".
Christmas is only five days away! The kids are one ball of excitement. I finally wrapped all the gifts last night! We are ready and healthy to celebrate the saviour's birth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How encouraging, Danielle, for God to allow you to be walking as the lady you met was walking and to have her enjoy your children! God's perfect timing all to simply encourage you that day! I'm sure she smiled all the way home as well!

So glad you're all healthy! I pray it will be a great Christmas for you as you celebrate with the kiddos!