Here is a little funny story for everyone.
This weekend Joel was driving a few of the kids home from a hike and they were listening to a tape of christmas songs in the van. This tape came free with the van, by the way. There was a console that was locked when we bought our used van and the dealer didn't have a key, so after a few months Joel took the thing apart to open it up and we found all sorts of goodies like hand lotion and a few country muzac tapes and this country christmas one. It is kind of a tradition now to listen to it starting Thanksgiving. There are country christmas songs on one side,(we fast foward thru one terrible Dolly Parton one) and on the other side there are old fashioned songs.
Our sons were singing along, and then stopped and asked "Daddy, Why are the HORSES singing, 'Lets be jolly'! It was so funny! (By the way its voices singing). I am terrible with getting lyrics wrong, and I know one person who often sings wrong words during worship at church! I guess the kids get it from us!
We got to be visitors at our neighbors' church Sunday evening. We joined them at their church for a Christmas hymn sing, and I was so happy to do "Silent Night" by candlelight. That was one of my favorite things about Christmas growing up. The church was very friendly and seemed excited to have this large family as guests, we had to tell them that we LOVE our church and we really are just visiting that evening, not scouting for a new church home. How we do love our church. God has been so good to us to allow us to sit under this excellent teaching each week. I was glad to get to hear the sermon Sunday. It was wonderful.
Only 21 more days til' Christmas morning. The kids put in a request for homemade sticky buns for Christmas breakfast. It has always been a tradition in Joel's family. YUM!
4 comments:
DANI~
So fun to get to hear about your family through blogging...YAY! Thank you for letting me know about it...
Love
Audrey
Hey Dani, Does this mean I'm going to get fewer emails?! Just kidding. I love this idea. Your family stories are always so much fun to read and you write so well. I look forward to reading more.
Love,
Tracy
What a great idea! Thanks for including me. I think and pray for your family often.
Love,
Lana
Hey Danielle -
I'm so impressed!! I love reading about what's going on with your family. Can't wait to read more - or maybe even see some pics!?
Love ya,
Megan
Post a Comment