Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bossy Mary

Last night after dinner two of our kids were playing with the little people nativity set under the tree. One child was pretty upset that the other insisted on having "Jofess" ride the bulldozer into Bethlehem instead of the horse that was borrowed from the farm set! But that was forgotten when Mary's birth pangs must have intensified. Our little girl proclaimed in a loud bossy Mary voice, " Baby Jesus is going to get born before we get to Bethlehem if you don't hurry it up Jofess! And that's the truth!"
Joel and I laughed and laughed. I don't think that is in the Biblical account! But who knows what Mary may have said sitting on that donkey in labor! (just kidding!)

Have a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy the fun that children bring to the season! Enjoy the wonder of our Lord becoming a babe, to save US from our sins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your kids say "Jofis" too! Josiah says it and we LOVE it!

That story is too cute! I love hearing the kids versions of things :)

Kelly said...

Dani, what an adorable story!!! Thanks for sharing it! Every time I pull your page up and Madelyn sees the picture of your kiddos, she laughs and laughs! xoxo

Audrey said...

Oh my goodness. Too cute...Have a wonderful Christmas. I loved the conversation you had with that kind lady the other day and the opportunity you took to tell your kiddos how much you are blessed by them...so neat. They are such a blessing!

Denae said...

Finally got to see you blog. Cant wait to start my own. Miss u much.

Megan said...

So Cute! I think Rachael may be on to something, I'd have wanted 'Jofess' to hurry up too! :)

We hope you had a blessed Christmas! We received your card & letter today. What sweethearts! You have the most beautiful family! And I just loved reading your year in review.

Enjoy your holiday break with Joel & the kiddies. May God continue to bless your family in the New Year!

Love ya,
Megan