Happy Birthday Shannon! We sang happy birthday for you in three languages tonight in Pizza Hut; english, spanish and french! Bonne Anniversaire!
What a wonderful Christmas we have celebrated here at the Madi household! It started on Friday the 22 with a family party at Joel's brother's home. All thirty two Madisons, plus the Golder family (five growing boys!) and assorted grandparents, girlfriends etc. It was a wonderful time and I won Joel a nice pair of slippers from our white elephant game!
Of course we enjoyed church on Sunday, when I got to help out the overcrowded (Thank You God for babies!) walker's room during the service and a wonderful worship time before that. Christmas Eve we celebrated with my parents and brother and his family. We sang with great enthusiasm "Happy Birthday" to Baby Jesus. Even Elijah and little Verity joined in for that one! The kids performed Silent Night for my parents and where accompanied by Benny on the plastic guitar. (thank you, Megan I. He hasn't put it down!) We all sorely missed Nae-Nae, Lewis and Kayiah, but I was so glad to have a nice looong conversation with her on the phone late that night.
Christmas morning was a blur of wrapping paper and gifts. My parents came over early to watch the kids open the gifts they gave them and have coffee. Then we headed down to Joel's parents home where we were showered with even more gifts and ate nothing but the world's best sticky buns and punch until the ham dinner Mom made for us. We spent the night and were so glad that the kiddies all slept well. On the way home we stopped at Joel's brother Neil's home in West Chester (that his wife Laura had decorated just like Country living- beautiful) for lunch and for the kids to all play together for a bit.
Favorite gifts:
Nathanael- lego castle and dragon set (thanks mom and dad)
Jeremiah - star wars type light-saber and stun gun (again thanks to mom and dad) and an air hockey table that will come up to our home soon, it didn't fit in the van!
Rachael- princess polly-pockets and snow white video, which she hasn't even watched yet!
Benjamin- this is hands down his Harley style tricylcle from Joel's parents.
Elijah-the crayons that the other kids keep leaving on the floor for him to chew. He loves to eat the tips off new crayons!(from Aunt Trish and Uncle Norm)
Joel and I- our beautiful new 40 gallon hot water heater,deluxe model :)
This week Joel and I had the chance to go on a nice date, and we saw the Nativity Story. It was wonderful. It really made it "feel" like Christmas. I highly recommend it. We also took the kids to the Reading Museum, curtesy of the local library and they really enjoyed the Indian displays, the mummies and the revolving door. Poor Rachael almost got crushed in it. I think we gave the curators a heart attack, with the double stroller etc, etc. But the kids did great! Well, Benny did try to scale this modern art sculpture, but I don't think anyone saw that but us!
Joel led a cub scout stargazing night that all the boys seemed to enjoy, and then after dropping our kids off went to play a marathon Risk game with CB and others, and I wont even say what time he came home. But he still got up this morning!
Well, that has been our vacation. It wil be over very soon and then back to the routine. I think the kids are missing school! Ha-Ha But it will be good to get back to normal a bit with things. I need to find homes for all the new stuff. And undecorate. It is amazing how spacious the house feels with the big tree back in the basement.
I will try to post some pictures for everyone real soon. They are all still hostage in my camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment